twenty nine

word count: 2.2k

~

Eleanor ran her hands through Jason's hair as she stood behind his chair. They were all waiting for Dick to stop pacing and just explain to them what was going on. Jason was running a temperature, no doubt from the stress, and her concern for him was growing. Even Rachel had offered to help by running him a cold bath, but he insisted he didn't need help and that he felt fine.

What a lie.

'I lied,' Dick finally said. 'I lied to you guys because I was afraid you'd leave this place... And me.' He looked at Gar, Rachel and Jason without meeting anybody else's eye until he looked right at Eleanor, causing her to stand up a little taller. 'And if that happened, there'd be no Titans... And I lied to you, too.' He looked at Donna, Hank and Dawn. 'I told you that Jericho was dead when I got to the church. But he wasn't. He was alive. He died trying to save me from his father... I'm sorry.'

Eleanor didn't know much about Jericho, only what Donna had told her and Kory, even then it was barely enough to piece together the story, but she knew how important he was to the others, and she knew they weren't going to take this news lightly.

'You all deserve more.'

Dick sighed and looked down as Hank approached him slowly.

Everyone jumped in shock as Hank punched Dick in the nose. Dick hunched himself over and stuck his hand out to help catch the droplets of blood that began rolling down his face.

'You lying sack of shit!' Hank growled as Dawn rushed to pull him back.

Eleanor removed her hands from Jason's hair and put her hands by her side, unsure of whether to help Dick or not. Her feet carried her closer to Dick and she turned to face Hank. She was rather angry at Dick but seeing him bleeding caused something inside to stir. She knew she would attempt to stop Hank from punching him again, even if that meant getting her ass kicked. She didn't want to fight Hank of all people, but she would if she had to.

'How many other fucking half-truths have you told us?' Donna asked from her spot leaning on the counter.

'At least you got a half-truth,' Rachel murmured.

'My brother is dead because of you... I'm out,' Rose scoffed and spun on her heels, storming off to Jason's room without a second glance at everyone who watched her leave. 

'I'm going with her.'

Eleanor snapped her head to look at Jason in shock.

'Jason, you...'

'Look, you don't decide what I do anymore,' Jason said, interrupting Dick who attempted to convince him to stay. 'Or what anybody does...' He looked at Eleanor as he stood up and faced her. He gently grabbed her hand with an apologetic look before dropping it and backing away.

'I'm out, too,' Donna muttered but was stopped by Rachel sliding off the countertop.

'I'm going with Donna... Can I go with you?' She asked as Donna nervously looked off to the side. Eleanor couldn't believe what was happening.

'Sure,' she answered with slight hesitation.

'Rachel...' Eleanor practically whimpered as Donna walked past her with Rachel hot on her trail.

'I can't stay here... I'm sorry,' she said and avoided her eyes as she disappeared down the hallway.

'Let's go,' Hank said to Dawn, the two offering Eleanor the same apologetic look as the others had given her. It did nothing to console her.