sixty one

word count: 1.8k

~

'You sure you're okay?' Dick asked Rachel.

'Yeah, I just... I feel empty. Like there's something, you know... missing. But it... it's so big that I can't feel it all at once,' she admitted with a shrug of her shoulders.

'I want you to rest. Okay? We don't know what happened to you, and until we do...'

Rachel shook her head and muttered, 'It's my soul-self. It's just gone.'

Tim questioned her, 'How can your soul be gone?' But she didn't have an answer for him.

Conner walked into the room and asked, 'Who the hell was that? She just took us all out. It's like, we didn't stand a chance.' He sat down on the couch next to Krypto.

Dick attempted to settle everyone's nerves by saying, 'Look, we're all here, okay? We're all alive. That's all that matters. Somehow, what Kory did drove her off, which means she's not invincible. We're gonna find out who she is, how she fights, what her powers are. The next time we see her we're gonna be ready. Okay?'

Everyone nodded in agreement as Eleanor signalled for Dick to follow her. He quickly jumped to his feet and followed her outside where she began pacing the front of the RV. Dick watched her closely as she wrung her hands together.

She was talking to herself quietly, shaking her head and placing her hands on her cheeks. Time ticked by, and Dick was growing impatient. She had been attempting to say whatever it was she was going to say, for the last five minutes. Each time he tried to grab her hand, she would ignore him and continue pacing.

Inside the RV, everyone was waiting for the young couple to get back inside and out of the cold and wind to hear the next part of the plan. What could have possibly been so important?

'Eleanor? We've been out here for ages, what's going on?' Dick asked her, his hand finally latching onto hers with an iron-tight grip. He managed to stop her in her tracks. 'Just talk to me, tell me what's going on.'

Eleanor pursed her lips together. It was now or never.

'I'm not sick,' she said quietly.

'Okay. That's good news. What did the doctor...'

'I'm not sick, I'm pregnant,' she stuttered out, feeling Dicks hand slip from her own. She fumbled around her back pocket and pulled out the test. She handed it over to him with trembling hands. 'I found out just after we left Gotham.'

'But you said you can't have kids,' Dick said in shock, staring down at the test in his hands. 'You told us yourself.'

'Well, that's what I thought... Please don't be mad at me, I'm so sorry Dick,' she muttered as she covered her mouth with her folded hands. 'I should have told you as soon as I found out but we've had so much happen lately, I haven't had the chance.'

Dick looked at her with wide eyes and his mouth agape.

'Oh...' He said, looking down at her stomach.

He lifted her jumper and moved to look at her from the side, inspecting her stomach at every angle. He stood back up and puffed his cheeks out as they met each other's eyes. Unsure about what he saw, he looked back down at her stomach once again and quietly swore. It did look a little bigger now that he had paid some delicate attention to it.

Eleanor pursed her lips together and let her line of vision fall to the floor, trying everything to avoid looking at the disappointed look on Dick's face.