thirty two

word count: 1.3k

a/n: did everyone like the Zoe plot twist? 

~

When Eleanor woke up, the first thing she took notice of was how sore her neck was, then it was Zoe asleep in her lap, using her thigh as a pillow. Then, it was Rachel and Kory fighting in the front seat, screaming at one another like never before. 

'Oh, this family is falling apart,' she muttered with a groan as she stretched her arms out in front of her, followed by a quiet yawn.

'Okay, so that's it? You know, I don't get a say. You're just gonna pull the adult card?' Rachel asked Kory, her purple hair whipping around ferociously.  

'Yeah, well someone has to make some adult decisions around here. No more running after Dick Grayson cause some intergalactic space witch had a bad dream!' Kory growled loud enough for Zoe to stir awake.

Eleanor sighed and asked, 'Really, you two?' She was ignored. 

'Oh, I'm the space witch? You're the space witch who has no idea where she's going or why. Easy, Truth-Claw. You didn't even know your own name several months ago.'

'Yeah, well, I know it now! Kory Anders.'

'Big whoop!' Rachel exclaimed as Eleanor covered her ears like a child blocking out the sound of arguing parents. 'Princess Alien Pink Hair from Planet Tam-O-Whatever.'

'Tamaran!'

'Whatever!' Rachel screamed back as Zoe sat up groggily.

'Get it right!'

'Do I look like I give a fuck?'

Eleanor sat forward and slapped the chair roughly as the car rolled to a stop on the side of the road. 

'Watch your language,' she warned and sat back as they turned away and began sulking, their arms folded across their chests. 'Will you two please just sort your shit out like adults? Please?'

Eleanor sat back in her seat and listened to their quick and quiet heart-to-heart apology before they both agreed to go back to San Francisco to help Gar.

When Zoe looked up at Eleanor and nudged her in shock, she held up the bag by her feet so she could see. Eleanor looked down in the bag and frowned at the white suit staring back at her. She took the Wayne Enterprise's card from Zoe's hand and read Bruce's writing.

It's time you're inducted into the family for good. Welcome, Sparrow.

Bruce had given her a new suit, and by the looks of it, it was high-tech. Not really Eleanor's style. Eleanor zipped the bag up once again and shoved it onto the floor, kicking it under Kory's seat. 

'So, the Titan's huh?' Zoe asked with a small smile.

'Yeah... I'm sorry I wasn't completely honest with you from the get-go,' Eleanor sheepishly admitted. 'From here on out, I'll be honest with you, as long as you're honest with me... Are you comfortable being in this environment?'

Zoe didn't hesitate to nod. 

'I am. I feel like I can really prove myself and do good. Perhaps, you could train me?' She suggested, but Eleanor's heart sank.

She couldn't pull Zoe into this life, but she couldn't force her away either. If she were staying, she would at least need to learn how to defend herself.

'Fine,' she reluctantly agreed before adding, 'But only self-defence. No guns or weapons or anything like that. Deal?'

'Deal!'