fifty six

word count: 2k

a/n: I DIDN'T THROW THIS IN RANDOMLY, THIS IS LEGIT THE PLOT POINT DON'T COME FOR ME you'll know what I'm talking about soon xoxo

~

'How?'

'Every time! Wow.'

Rachel grinned and spun around to face them all, 'That is just talent...'

She spun back around and threw the bowling ball down the lane, watching as it crashed into the ten pins at the end and knocked them over. 'Whoo!'

'How did you... how did you even do it?' Gar asked, his voice almost as loud as the music playing over the speakers as he waved his arms around.

Over on the tall bench sat the two eldest Titans, laughing at the kids and sipping their milkshakes. They had let their guard down and were enjoying the rare moment of peace they had. It was a nice change of pace from all the chaos they had endured over the past couple of months.

'I can't believe it,' Kory muttered as Dick clapped his hands.

'I know, right?' Dick asked before cupping his hands over his mouth and cheering for Rachel. 'Doesn't seem like the bowling type, but she's beating Conner.'

Kory laughed and said, 'No, not that. A few days ago, I didn't think we were gonna make it. Now, here we are, goofing off in a bowling alley...'

'We got lucky.'

'Is that what it was?'

'Just luck?'

'Plus skill and strength, courage, teamwork, brains... But, yeah, mostly luck.' Dick smiled widely at Kory as she laughed and leant on his arm. Dick strained his neck to look over his shoulder, as he wondered out loud, 'Where the hell is my girlfriend?'

Kory copied his actions.

'I actually have no idea. She's been rather sick for a little while... Maybe we should force her to see a doctor or something?' Kory suggested with a lighthearted grin. Seeing his smile slowly slip away and become replaced with his usual sporty frown, Kory reassured him by saying, 'I'm sure she's okay. I'll go give her a ring.'

Dick thanked her and went back to watching the kids bowl as Kory got up and pulled her cell phone from her pocket.

Inside the RV bathroom was the girl that was missing.

Eleanor stared down at the small stick on the bench, watching with ever-so-slightly wide eyes, attempting to determine whether she was seeing the plus sign or if she was still under the effect of Scarecrow's fear gas.

Quickly wiping her tired eyes free from any tears, Eleanor pulled herself together and picked up the stick with shaky fingers. She held it up to the light and muttered a curse. Definitely a plus sign.

She had gone out on a hunch and bought a pregnancy test, hoping it would give her answers as to why she had been feeling so sick and nauseous all the time, and as to why she had been putting the weight on heavily. She got answers, but unfortunately, they weren't the ones she was quite hoping for.

Looking back down at the test, Eleanor shook her head.

'Holy fuck!' She exclaimed and looked at herself in the mirror. What the fuck was she going to do? What was she going to tell Dick? 'Oh no,' she muttered as her thoughts traveled back to her oblivious boyfriend.

Feeling her phone buzzing in her pocket, Eleanor fumbled for it and answered it once checking who it was.

'Hey Kory,' she said, putting her hand on the bathroom door and opening it.