first meeting

word count: 371

~

Robin stuck his arm out and caught himself on the side of the building, holding back a stream of curse words as he dangled fifty feet above the Gotham streets. He pulled himself back up onto the roof and quickly jumped to his feet, his feet still tingling at the sensation of falling. He was surprised to see she was there — lurking and watching.

'Aren't you going to run?' He asked her, dusting his suit off.

'Aren't you going to arrest me?' Crusader asked and scaled up the antenna of the building they were on. She swung her legs over the edge of the bar and leant forward, looking down at Robin who put his hands on his hips, clearly not amused with her antics.

'Well, I suppose our first official meeting shouldn't end with you behind bars now should it?'

'Maybe not...'

'I'm Robin. Clearly...'

'Crusader. Clearly.'..  She mocked him, earning a scoff in response. 'So why are you with him? Batman... Surely the great Bat of the Night doesn't need a wheezy little sidekick following him around,' Crusader said, letting go of the pole to grab her mask.

Robin watched curiously as she pulled her mask up to sit just below her nose, exposing the lower half of her face to the surprised vigilant.

He asked her, 'Why are you with Deadshot? Surely he doesn't need a little girl following him around.'

Crusader's grin fell before it was replaced with a wide smile, followed by laughter. Robin was deeply confused, but the noise was somewhat pleasant to hear— It put his mind at ease knowing it wasn't a complete monster under the suit.

'Because who's going to distract you whilst he steals all of Batman's stuff?'

Robin spun around and looked two streets over to where the Batmobile was parked — Deadshot was standing on the roof with his arms full of gadgets. He jumped down from the car and broke into a sprint, only to disappear into the shadows of the alleyway seconds later. He turned back around to look at Crusader, only she wasn't there anymore.

This time, Robin didn't hide his string of curse words.

~

a/n: trying this new style of flashback things, is it  a vibe or not ?