Hayami: The Rare Beauty 19

Hayami was returning to the Hyuga mansion from Ino's house when she bumped into Itachi who came for some grocery shopping. Hayami as expected passed her graduation exam with flying colors. 

"Hmm? Was it Naruto?" Hayami asks as Itachi tells the story from last night when the forbidden scroll was stolen from the hokage office. "Yes, but how did you know that Hayami chan?" Itachi asks. "I may or may not have seen a blonde fox running towards the forest with a huge roll on his back." Hayami says.

"Itachi kun!!" the two turn around to see a girl running towards them. She had long brown hair, big doe like black eyes with a beauty mark just right below on the corner of her right eye. "Hello Hayami chan!" she greets. "Hello Izumi nee." Hayami greets back.

"What's the matter Izumi?" Itachi asks. "I just returned from my mission and on the way I saw a dango shop. So I thought to buy some for you and me." Izumi says handing the Sakura mochi to Hayami that she bought for her on the way.

"Thank you Izumi nee!" Hayami says with sparkly eyes. "Itachi kun! Shall we eat the dango near the river?" Izumi asks. "Uh-umm... I need to make sure that Hayami chan returns back to the compound safely." Itachi says.

"Now! Now! Itachi kun! Hayami chan has already graduated from the academy. She will now be going on missions, she is no more a small child." Izumi says. "Still! My heart will uneasy the whole day if I don't accompany Hayami chan till the front gates of her house." Itachi says.

"Sometimes Itachi kun really gives me strong overprotective older brother vibes whenever the topic comes on Hayami chan. I don't see you as affectionate and protective even with Sasuke." Izumi says. "It's not like that! Sasuke is my younger brother whereas she isn-"

"There is no need to ditch your date for me. Hyuga compound is just 5 minutes away from here. Natsu san or any other clan members will be there to attend to me." Hayami says, finishing half of the Sakura mochi given by Izumi to her.

"Da-date?" Izumi blushes hard. "It's nothing like that!" Itachi was quick to protest. "I-It's nothing like that." Izumi nods her head agreeing with him while still blushing. "Enjoy your date! Bye! Bye!" Hayami skips happily towards the Hyuga compound as she eats her sakura mochi.

"So Itachi kun?" Izumi says. "I still have groceries left. Some other time Izumi." Itachi says disappointing Izumi. "It's okay Itachi kun. Some other time, but please do take this dango." Izumi says and Itachi gladly accepts it and heads to the Uchiha district.

Izumi still standing where Itachi left her watches him taking long strides towards the Uchiha district taking the long road which happens to pass by the huge plaza like the hyuga compound. "I wonder what it's like to be this important to Itachi kun." Izumi says. "Is Itachi kun's affection towards Hayami chan really just sibling-like affection? Or more?" Izumi wonders.

"I'm home!" Hayami says as she enters the house. "Welcome back Hayami sama." Natsu greets her. "Is Hanabi ready?" Hayami asks. "Yes, Hanabi sama is waiting for hayami sama in the dojo." Natsu says, making Hayami nod.

After changing into her training clothes Hayami enters the dojo to see Hanabi waiting for her. "Hello Hanabi, I hope I didn't keep you waiting for long." Hayami says. "Not at all Onee sama." Hanabi says. "If so then let's warm up first and start our training for the day shall we?" Hayami says and hanabi quickly gets on her feet for the warm up.

After hours of practice Hayami finally gave Hanabi and herself a break. "Onee sama! I heard that tomorrow is your explanatory meeting." Hanabi says. "Yes, and?" Hayami asks. "Meaning you will officially be a genin after the meeting. When will I be a genin nee sama?" Hanabi asks. "I haven't even enrolled in the academy yet. Both you and nee sama have already graduated and become genin." Hanabi says. "I am pretty sure you too will have to give a test when you come of age." Hayami says.

"Let's conclude our training here for today." Hayami says. "Huh? Why?" Hanabi asks. "You have been training since the afternoon and it's already 6 in the evening." Hayami says. "But I want to train more! I want to be as strong as you so that Otou sama will be proud to call me his daughter." Hanabi says.

"If so then first of all you need to learn to take care of yourself. If you over exhaust yourself your body won't be able to handle the training. To be strong you don't only need training but rest and take care of yourself as well." Hayami says standing up from her seat.

"So! Shall we conclude our training here for today?" Hayami asks, making Hanabi nod. Hayami then retires to her room and takes a quick warm shower. "Hmm? Hinata?" Hayami says as she spots Hinata exiting her room.

"Hayami chan!" Hinata yelps in surprise. "What's the matter Hinata? Do you need any help?" Hayami says. "I just came to give you your new clothes and headband for tomorrow." Hinata says. "Thank you Hinata. They are beautiful." Hayami thanks her younger sister. "I shall now head for my room. It's late, we have to be up early for tomorrow." Hinata says, making Hayami nod. "Good night Hinata." Hayami says. "Good night Hayami chan." Hinata says and exits the room. "This isn't as bad as I expected. Looks like my old man does have some fashion sense." Hayami says, looking at the dress picked by Hiashi for her with the Hyuga symbol at the back of the dress.

" Hayami says, looking at the dress picked by Hiashi for her with the Hyuga symbol at the back of the dress

The next day Hayami wakes up early and prepares her breakfast. A fruit smoothie, plain yogurt and a spoon full of germ. She then quickly gets ready in the dress and ties the headband around her waist. She then starts doing her hair. After battling with the knots in her thick hair, Hayami finally gets to styling her unruly hair which takes about 30 minutes.

"Finally!" Hayami says carefully placing her bangs on the right place. Hayami's hair now neatly fell on her back with her bangs perfectly framing her heart shaped face. "These lime ends surely do attract a lot of attention though." Hayami says carefully brushing the lime ends of her hair.

Hayami then heads down to the living room where Hitomi was enjoying her morning tea accompanied by Hinata. "Sorry for the tardiness. I had a war to attend." Hayami says, taking her seat. "So whom do you two hope to end up with in a team?" Hitomi asks.

"It would be great to have Hayami chan on the team." Hinata says. "Along with Naruto." Hayami voices out Hinata's inner wish. "I hope both of you end up in the team that brings out your strengths." Hitomi says. "We shall get going then. Take care of yourself hahaoya sama, you too Natsu san.

(So which team should our heroine be placed in?)