Prolouge

Tom Riddle proudly sat at the slytherin table in the hogwarts great hall for the very first time. It did not come as a surprise to him that he was placed in slytherin; his extensive reading of 'hogwarts: a history' beforehand informed him of the traits needed for each house. 'Ambitious,cunning '- It was obvious to Tom that slytherin was the house he would most thrive in.

The sorting ceremony continued, leaving Tom feeling impatient, yearning the day to end so he could begin learning.
"Faith Silvers!"
A young girl with wavy, golden blonde hair, sky blue eyes, and a joyous smile sat on the stool confidently.
"Slytherin!"
The girl's smile grew even wider (which Tom believed would be impossible) as she happily skipped towards the slytherin table.

"Hi my name is Faith," she smiled enthusiastically, sitting across from Tom, holding out her hand for him to shake,"What's your name?"
Tom reluctantly shook her outstretched hand, "Riddle. Tom Riddle"
"Aw I used to have a cat named Tommy, I loved him dearly," Faith replied, smiling .
Tom looked disgusted with this statement, hastily correcting her, "my name is Tom. Not Tommy."
Faith laughed at a volume Tom had obviously not been expecting, making him wince slightly.
"Of course Tom", she laughed, "I can tell we will be the best of friends," Faith chuckled, playfully pushing Tom's arm.
Unimpressed, Tom simply sighed in reply. The truth was that Tom was not interested in making friends here at hogwarts; his only priority was to learn everything he could.

Faith was not disheartened by Tom's lack of engagement with her. In fact, she was enjoying his company. It could have just been her excitement of starting hogwarts, making her immune to any insults, but Tom's somewhat snide and sarcastic remarks made her laugh as they chatted during dinner.

---->Hi!
So this was was the prolouge, and the rest of the book will be set while they're in 5th year.
I hope you enjoy it and please tell me what you think in the comments :)