Chapter 15

Faith was sitting with Amara and Walburga in the quiet library, doing homework. Careful not to disturb the others, Faith excused herself from their table and snuck behind a bookshelf where Daniel was waiting for her.

"Daniel I've missed you so much" Faith cried, throwing her arms around his shoulders.

"I know Faith," He gave her a sympathetic smile, "But if Lottie knew I was here she would not be happy," he shook her head.

Faith frowned, "She's still mad with me? For something I didn't even do to her?"

Daniel sighed, "Faith, it's not really about ditching Andrew. It's Tom Riddle's gang that she's got herself worked up about,"

Faith shook her head, "I know, they're all horrible. But Tom never participated in the bullying-"

"He never intervened either," Daniel argued, "Riddle isn't the worst of them, I know that. But he's still a part of them. And now Lottie has it in her head that you're friends or something,"

"Yeah, I know Tom doesn't stop it, but I thought Lottie said that nobody had bothered her this year," Faith looked at Daniel curiously.

"She lied," she shook his head miserably, "She's Lottie, y'know. 'She's tough'. But Rupert said that Mulciber had said something...nasty, about her and her family," Daniel looked hot with anger as he said this.

Faith's eyes widened with rage, "That prick," she muttered.

"Faith, look. As long as you're friends with Riddle and Balck and that lot, Lottie won't forgive you."

Faith felt helpless, "But Daniel, they're all I have. I'm in slytherin, after all."

"I'm just telling the truth, Faith," Daniel replied shortly, as he walked away.

Daniel had never been so blunt with Faith. So cold. She had two options: Continue sitting miserably with Walburga and being friends with Tom, and have Lottie never forgive her. Or, she could sit alone and hope that she'd be forgiven.

But being alone sounded awfully terrifying. Faith had never been afraid of being alone before, but something about knowing that you have no choice but to be alone. That scared her.