Chapter 7

'ᴡᴀꜱ ɪ ʀᴀɪꜱᴇᴅ ᴡɪᴛʜᴏᴜᴛ ʟᴏᴠᴇ?
ᴏʀ ᴡᴀꜱ ɪ ʙᴏʀɴ ᴜɴʟᴏᴠᴀʙʟᴇ?'

☆|the dinner party|☆

Upon arriving, Andrew instantly spotted Faith, and took her arm in arm, grinning widely

"You look lovely," he smilled, mesmerised by Faith's ethereal beauty.

"Not bad yourself," Faith laughed as they walked into the room together.

Andrew did look handsome: his usually messy brown hair was tamed and in perfect curls, and he wore black dress robes. Even with the formal setting and dress robes, Andrew still had a casual feeling about him. Perhaps it was his warm smile.

Slughorn's room looked very elegant, the lights were cool and blue, and the table was set impeccably with green and silver placemats and golden cutlery. The crowds of students, all looking tasteful, greeted one another before taking their space at the neat dinner table. Faith sat down, Andrew and Amara at either side of her, and prepared herself before Professor Slughorn's drilling of each student.

Professor Slughorn had a habit of interrogating Faith about her family, which was somewhat shrouded in mystery. Nobody particularly knew much about her family, other than the fact that her father works at the ministry, she has two older brothers (Axel and Dade Silvers) and Faith comes from a long line of slytherin pure bloods. However, Faith had developed a knack for dodging his questions with dignity.

"Welcome everybody! It's good to see you!" Slughorn announced, beaming and holding up a wine glass.

The conversation wasn't particularly engaging, it mainly consisted of Slughorn asking about people's parents, aspirations or their summer. Faith was extremely bored, though she planted her usual smile on her face.

After dinner, most people got up from their table and talked in separate groups before dessert was served. Slughorn was chatting with Tom Riddle, Abraxas Malfoy and Amara in the corner of his room, which left Faith and Andrew alone, chatting idly.

"Hey, come with me," Andrew said, quickly grabbing Faith's hand and walking towards the door, before Faith could oppose.

"Er, Andrew, where are we going," she asked, slightly concerned with where this was going.

He simply smilled at her, leading her into a secluded corridor.

"Andrew, wait-" Faith uttered. This wasn't going to end well.

"Just come with me, ok?" Andrew interupted, his eyes wide and soft.

Faith hesitantly nodded and followed him into the deserted classroom opposite Slughorn's room. The room was dark, the only source of light was the moonlight streaming through the big windows, illuminating the entire room, making even the shadows appear blue.

"I really like you, Faith." Andrew spoke softly, looking intensely into Faith's blue eyes.

Faith felt her cheeks become red and flustered . "I know you do Andrew, but..." her voice trailled off.

"I think that you're amazing Faith," Andrew continued, "I mean, you're talented, you're absolutely beautiful, you're the most friendly and loving person I know, and I really care about you"

Faith felt her stomach twist. "I do like you Andrew, of course I do, just not in that way..."

"Faith, can't we just give it a go?" His eyes were wide and his gaze was gentle.

Faith didn't answer, but gave him a confused look, her eyes felt watery. She hated not understanding how she was feeling. Perhaps she did have feelings for Andrew? The way he spoke about her, touched her heart like a drop of golden sunlight illuminating shadows.

Andrew cautiously placed a hand on Faith's face, cupping her cheek. After Faith did not reject his hand, he slowly leaned in, turning his head to the side and kissing her gently. It was a soft, cautious kiss. Closing her eyes, Faith put her arms around Andrews broad shoulders, and kissed him back.

"Wait, stop-" Faith quickly spoke, taking her arms off Andrews shoulders and pushing him back. "I'm really sorry Andrew, I truly am, but I just don't have those feelings for you."

Andrew looked as though she'd just punched him; his eyes were wide and desperate, his face red and flustered. "But, you were just kissing me back..."

"I'm really sorry," Faith felt tears welling up in her eyes. She truly was sorry, she hadn't meant to mess with Andrew's feelings like that, but it had always been difficult for Faith to understand her feelings.

"Please Faith, please just give me a chance, I promise-"

"Pleading doesn't suit you, Preston." A shadowy figure stood in the doorway of the classroom, Faith recognised it as Tom Riddle, who had interrupted Andrew. Tom walked in, approaching Faith slowly.

"What the hell do you want, Riddle?" Andrew spoke, anger flashing in his hurt eyes as he approached Tom Riddle.

"I was simply retrieving the two of you for dessert," He said, an amused smile on his face.

"Fine." Andrew took another hurt glance at Faith, and stormed out of the classroom angrily.

"That was interesting," Tom faced Faith, his amused smile planted on his face, glowing in the moonlight, his features sharp.

"Merlin Tom. Would it kill you to be a bit nicer?" Faith angrily mustered, wiping tears off her face.

Tom raised an eyebrow, "He was at fault, Faith. He was practically pleading you to love him," he scoffed, "it's pathetic. "

"It's not pathetic to love, Tom." Faith spoke sternly. She had a pit of guilt in her stomach and a nagging feeling that her and Andrew's friendship would not recover from this event.