chapter 3

~°𝓢𝓱𝓮 𝔀𝓪𝓼 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓼𝓾𝓷,
𝓐𝓷𝓭 𝓱𝓮 𝔀𝓪𝓼 𝓹𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓵𝔂 𝔀𝓪𝓲𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓸 𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓮.°~
-

Braveheart

☆

"Faith, why do you even talk to that snob?", Lottie asked, striding out of the library with Faith by her side.

Faith had been talking to Tom Riddle in the Library about their potions homework. It wasn't about anything particularly interesting, but Lottie had noticed that Faith seemed to enjoy his company, a bit too much. It was strange. Tom was Faith's complete opposite: cold and reserved.

"He's not a snob, Lottie. You just say that because he's smarter than you" Faith replied, laughing and pushing Lottie's playfully.

"No," Lottie laughed, "He just seems so egocentric. I don't understand why you enjoy talking to him. The only time I've ever spoken to him was 2nd year transfiguration, and I must say he was particularly dull".

"Well, if he was explaining transfiguration to you, that would have probably tainted your opinion of him," Faith giggled.

Transfiguration was famously Lottie's least favourite subject- in her eyes, it was the 'most exceedingly boring and stupidly difficult subject there could be'.

"I suppose your right," Lottie agreed, as they walked down the corridors to the green outside. They were meeting Daniel and a few other ravenclaws to go to hogsmead together.

Lottie was a pretty girl, she had short dark blonde hair, held back by a black head band. Her eyes were a light brown and her features were sharp. Lottie was the kind of girl that was effortlessly cool; her presence would evaporate any awkwardness in the atmosphere just by existing, she was confident and had a matching sense of humour to Faith.

Lottie was a seaker on the Ravenclaw quidditch team, which meant most free time she had would be spent training; Lottie was beyond obsessed with quidditch, in Faith's opinion. However, Faith was always the first to cheer her on by the sidelines.

"Hey idiots" Daniel grinned, walking with them .

"Hi Daniel," Faith and Lottie spoke in unison, making them laugh as they wonderd down to Hogsmead with the rest of the Ravenclaw group.

Tom Riddle watched Faith Silvers exit the library accompanied by her Ravenclaw friend, leaving him confused.

Faith was unusual- though he had already gathered that the first time he'd met her. She simply did not do the expected.

Not many people talked to Tom Riddle, or at least they never talked to him the way Faith Silvers talked to him. She acted as though they were close anytime she would speak to him, even if the topic was something as mundane as potions homework.

At first, Tom had written her off as irrelevant- yet another girl who found him attractive; Faith was unimportant in the grand scheme of things - that was until she gifted him the room of requirement.

Tom simply could not propose any reasoning behind her showing him this room. It wasn't as if they were anything more than just acquaintances. Study partners. So why would she reveal something to him, that she could have just used herself?

Perhaps she could be useful, Tom thought, collecting his books and leaving the library to join the crowd of students walking to Hogsmead.