Chapter 19

When they reached the room of requirements, Faith slumped onto the sofa next to the fireplace, tears still spilling from her distant eyes.
"I'm so tired of this," she whispered, staring at Tom as he sat next to her, passing her a glass of fire whiskey.

"Lottie is being stupid," Tom shook his head, sitting next to Faith.

"But that's just it, she isn't. She has every right to be angry with me." Faith sobbed.

Tom certainly was the last person who knew how to comfort an emotional person; He looked her cautiously and gave her a pat on the back. Faith laughed at his attempt.

"Thanks Tom," she smiled, tipping the contents of the glass in her mouth, feeling the hot alcohol burn her throat, making her mouth feel almost numb.

"You should slow down on the whiskey," Tom laughed, raising his eyebrows as Faith got up and grabbed the bottle.

"You were the one who brought the whiskey," Faith laughed as she drank from the bottle, "now you have to deal with the consequences."

Tom rolled his eyes, watching as Faith explored the room.

"It's nice in here, maybe I should have kept it to myself," She laughed, "Tom look! A record player!" She squealed, pointing to an ancient looking record player on the coffee table next to the sofa. There was a stack of records next to it, which Faith quickly went to flip through, reading each one.

"Yes, I haven't had the chance to use it yet," Tom said, watching as Faith sat cross legged on the floor, reading the record sleeves.

"Look there's Ella Fitzgerald's album here!" Faith excited took the record out and placed it on the player. Tom looked at her his brows raised.

"What, you don't like Ella Fitzgerald? She's just about the most amazing song artist ever!" Faith laughed, going to sit back next to Tom.

The vintage sound filled the room, making it feel even more cosy.

"I'm not particularly interested by music," Tom scoffed, sipping his whiskey.

Faith's eyes widened. "How can you not like music?" Faith laughed.

"It just feels pointless," Tom shrugged.

"All the best things in this world are pointless," Faith smiled, shaking her head. "Well, tonight you will like the music I put on. No arguments," Faith beamed.

"I don't think-"

"No arguments!" Faith laughed, putting her finger over Tom's mouth to shush him. He looked unimpressed.

Love and kisses by Ella Fitzgerald started playing, and Faith excitedly took Tom's arm and pulled him up "I love this song! Dance with me," She started swaying to the sound of the music.

"No thanks," Tom scoffed.

"Come on, take my hand," Faith pleaded.

Tom sighed, took a large swig of Whiskey and took Faith's hand. She grinned at him as she put her other arm on his shoulder and he placed a hand on her waist.

"See, isn't this fun?" Faith said as they swayed to the music.

"Not particularly," Tom laughed, staring into Faith's eyes.

"Oh come on, you love it," Faith giggled.

Love and kisses, that's what bliss is,
That thing whatever you do,
Full completeness, whispered sweetness,
Coming from someone you know

Faith was singing joyously in the orange light of the fire, her grin filled with warmth. She was holding both of Tom's hands and moving her arms to the rhythm of the song.