chapter 5

"ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵉʸᵉˢ ˢʰᵃʳᵉ
ᵗʰᵉ ᵈᵉᵉᵖᵉˢᵗ ˢᵉᶜʳᵉᵗˢ,
ᵃⁿᵈ ˢᵒ ᴵ ᶠᵉˡˡ ⁱⁿ ˡᵒᵛᵉ,
ⁱⁿ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵐᵒᵒⁿˡⁱᵍʰᵗ ᵃⁿᵈ
ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵐʸˢᵗᵉʳʸ."
~v.w

☆When Faith entered the Three Broomsticks, she was met by a multitude of gleeful hogwarts students, crowding the cosy Inn, packed like sardines in a can

When Faith entered the Three Broomsticks, she was met by a multitude of gleeful hogwarts students, crowding the cosy Inn, packed like sardines in a can. The jolly atmosphere instantly brought a wide smile onto Faith's face, as she tried to push the strange conversation with Tom out of her mind.

Faith spotted Daniel waving at her from across the room; he was sitting with Lottie, Rupert and Andrew (two other 5th year ravenclaws boys). Andrew had famously had a crush on Faith in 4th year, and Faith desperately hoped he was over her by now.

"Hey idiot," Daniel grinned as Faith sat down next to him at their table.

"Hey moron," she laughed. Their table was next to a window, to Faith's delight; she loved looking through frosty glass to gaze at the setting sun, the street lights illuminating the path.

The rest of the group became engrossed into a conversation about quidditch, a topic Faith was clearly not interested in, so she took to staring out of the window into the bleak while beautiful scene.

"What are you looking at?" A quizzical Andrew asked, leaning towards Faith from across the table.

"Oh, nothing really," Faith responded, snapping out of her trance and turning her head towards him.

"Are you ok?" Andrew questioned, weakly smiling at her, "You seem more...distant than usual,"

Faith didn't know why she didn't have feelings for Andrew, it made no logical sense: he was sweet, caring, funny, and he was extremely handsome. Almost all the girls in their year had a crush on him; he had a sharp face, kind green eyes and permanently messy but soft looking dark sienna brown hair. He was hardworking, and the captain of the Ravenclaw quidditch team. He was perfect, and he cared for Faith deeply, yet she just couldn't bring herself to reciprocate those feelings.

"Yes, I'm fine thank you", Faith faked a smile. She was as fine as ever, essentially meaning she was far from ok.

"That's good, I'm glad," he smilled, his cheeks forming dimples, "I wanted to ask you something," he said, slightly more shy than before.

Merlin, what's with all these people demanding answers from her today, Faith thought, sighing. "Yes?" She was pretty sure she knew what this would be about already, yet she simply prayed she was wrong.

"Well, seeing as we're both in the slug club, and well, I enjoy spending time with you, and maybe it would be fun..." his voice trailled off as he observed Faith's sympathetic expression.
"Faith, will you be my date to the slug club dinner party next Saturday?" He continued, finally mustering up the courage.

Faith looked at him, her blue eyes wide," Andrew... we've talked about this..." She spoke softly. The last thing she wanted was to offend Andrew, she really did care about him, just not in the same way he cared for her.

"But wait-", he interrupted quickly," It would just be as friends," he smiled.

"Just friends?" Faith asked, smiling.

"Of course," Andrew laughed, the pain visible in his emerald eyes.

Faith hated hurting Andrew, he really was a kindhearted soul, and Faith did love him, purely as a friend.The truth is, even if the two of them seemed perfectly matched on the surface, they couldn't be more different. There was a lot more to Faith that even her most intimate friends were not aware of.

And Faith intended to keep it that way.

•°Note°•
Hii :) thank you so much for reading!! I just wanted to say I probably won't be able to update as frequently as I would like to at the moment, because I have exams coming up in the next few weeks :(
I will still try and post chapters as much a possible though, and in the meantime, don't forget to vote or comment what you think :D