Chapter 34

•°☆°•

•°☆°•

The day of dreaded sacred 28 Christmas party was amongst them, and Faith despised it. She'd managed to get out of going to them for a few years, her parents claiming she was sick or busy with schoolwork, but now it was being hosted at her house, there was no escape.

She woke up on Christmas morning, Tom laying next to her, his arms clutching her waist possessively. It was snowing outside; the sky was a dark blue, the sun had only just risen. Faith snuggled closer to Tom, wishing they could stay in her bed the entire day.

"Merry Christmas, Tommy," Faith whispered.

Tom scoffed a laugh, rubbing his eyes and stretching. Faith watched. She loved it when he'd only just woken up; eyes half open, sleepy and soft, he looked so natural. So warm.

"Not sure 'merry' is the best word for today," he said, sitting up in bed.

Faith groaned, digging her head into Tom's chest. "Don't remind me. Can we please just stay like this forever?"

Tom kissed the top of her head, smiling down at her as she looked up, "It's only one night,"

Faith scowled at him, watching as he got out of bed, checking himself in the mirror and combing his brown hair. "One night too many," she huffed, pulling the duvet over her head, muffling her voice, leaving her in the dark warmth of her bed.

As the duvet was pulled away, Faith squinted her eyes as the morning light, white and bright from the snow infected her safe haeven. Tom was neeling on the floor next to her bed, staring at Faith, his expression soft.

"I'll be there with you the entire time," He said, with such intensity that Faith felt herself melt, eyes staring into his. She smiled, and meant it.

"Come on, we're going on a walk," Tom stated, holding a hand out to pull Faith from bed. Faith took it. His hands were cold and soft.

Climbing out of bed, she ran up to her bedroom window, mesmerised by the thick snowfall. Although she didn't expect to today, the day she'd been dreading, Faith grinned.

She loved the snow.

Wrapped up in their Slytherin scarves and warm winter coats, the two wandered outside to the forrest they'd explored on Tom's first day here.

Everything was even more magical in the snow. Frosted leaves glittered, the lake stood proud and frozen, earth crunched under their boots.

"Hey, Tommy?" Faith nudged him playfully.

He narrowed his eyes.

Faith grinned. "How well would you rate your ice skating skills?"

Tom sighed. "Faith, we are not skating on that lake."

"You're avoiding the question."

"The question is irrelevant. What if the ice breaks?"

Faith ran up to the edge of the frozen lake, tapping the end of her boot onto the ice. "See? It's frozen solid!"

Tom appeared beside her, highly unenthusiastic. "No."

"Yes." Faith grinned, transfiguring her boots into ice skates. "You're just afraid I'll be better than you," she shrugged.

Tom rolled his eyes. "Actually, I would simply like to avoid fishing you out of ice cold water when you break the ice."

Faith took no notice, stepping onto the lake, holding her hands out to steady herself. It had been years since she'd skated on ice, but it used to be a yearly tradition when she'd been younger. Faith, Axel and Cassia would sneak out of the house, and link arms as they'd skate laps around the lake. It hurt that memories such as these would always be a thing of the past. That so much had changed.

Shaking away the grief of a childhood lost to pain, Faith began to build up speed as she glided across the ice.

"Faith." Tom called out warningly.

Faith gigled as skated on. "Come and get me then!"

With a final sigh of exasperation, Tom transfigured his own boots, shakily stepping onto the ice.

He made it about 2 metres away from the edge, before promptly falling over.

Faith put a hand up to muffle her laugh as she quickly skated over to Tom, pulling him back up.

"So, you've never skated before, I suppose?" She laughed.

Tom looked highly unamused. "I live in London, for which there are very few lakes to skate on, so no, I have never skated before."

"Well," Faith grinned, "I can teach you."

"I'd rather not."

"Oh come on! It's Christmas!"

"I don't see what difference that makes."

Faith brushed a snowflake off Tom's eyelash. His nose was red from the cold, his hair messy from falling. She smilled, kissing his cheek.

"I promise I won't let you fall," she whispered in his ear.

Tom's expression softened, staring right into her eyes.

Faith stepped back, smiling as she held out her gloved hand. "Do you trust me?"

Tom paused, only for a second, before giving in and taking her hand. Faith pulled him close to her.

"Yes." He whispered back, tucking a stand of stray hair behind Faith's ear."I trust you."

Faith grinned, eyes crinkling, as she lead Tom around the ice, slowly at first, until he build up his confidence.

It was magical. He was beautiful on ice. He clung to Faith's arm, snowflakes settling in his brown curls, his face holding an expression of such dedication that it made Faith laugh.

Tom was a fast learner, although Faith already knew that. He quickly managed to skate on his own, Faith skating in circled around him, making him conceal his smile with a look of annoyance. Faith could always tell, no matter how hard he tried to pretend he wasn't having a good time.

She wasn't sure how long they'd spent on the ice, but she didn't care. It was maybe the most fun they'd had together. A pure type of happiness filled her heart, as they skated hand in hand, eyes fixed on each other.

She never let him fall.

Note:

I'M BACK.

I'm so sorry for disappearing for long!!! It hopefully won't take me another 7 months to write the next chapter, I do really enjoy writing on here, things just got very hectic. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR READING.
please do comment your opinions<3
Also, I have Tumblr now!! @/Moonybeamiscrying