Chapter 16

Faith decided that for today, she didn't want to deal with reality

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Faith decided that for today, she didn't want to deal with reality. So, she didn't; she sat outside on the hill overlooking the forrest, wrapped herself in a blanket and read her book. It was Mary Shelley's Frankenstein- not the most cheery of all books, but certainly an entertaining one. Muggle literature had always been something that Faith enjoyed, to her parents' disgust. Lottie had been her primary book dealer, sending her as many muggle books as she could during the long, painful summers.

Faith felt a tear run down her cheek at the thought of Lottie. Faith couldn't help but feel slightly angry with Lottie; it wasn't Faith's fault that she was put in slytherin. And it wasn't her fault that the only nice people in slytherin were less than nice to Lottie. It wasn't Faith's fault that they were all blood supremests.

But it isn't Lottie's fault either.

Faith accepted that blaming got them nowhere. She just hoped that this would all blow over soon.

"Hello Faith," Tom Riddle sat next to her in the frosty grass.

"Why are you everywhere I go lately?" Faith scoffed, looking at Tom amused.

"I wanted to thank you for your help," Tom replied, smiling slightly.

"So you found what you were looking for?" Faith asked.

"I suppose. It was interesting research nonetheless," He nodded.

Faith nodded back. In all honesty, she wasn't in a talkative mood. And Tom Riddle wasn't someone she particularly wanted to talk to either, given the circumstances.

"Would you still like to be study partners?" Tom asked, smiling.

Faith didn't smile back as she usually would. "I don't know Tom, I'm kind of rethinking things at the moment." She replied, sighing.

"Right." Tom nodded, confused. He obviously hadn't been expecting Faith to react like that.

"Sorry to be blunt," she muttered. Then she shook her head, "Actually I'm not sorry." She spoke angrily. "Tell your friends to leave Lottie alone."

"Okay, I'll try," Tom replied softly.

Faith turned to look at Tom, surprised and confused, "Why would you do that?"

"You helped me, I'll help you." He smirked sitting next to her, "It's only fair."

Faith sighed again. "Tom, what do you want? You've been nice to me recently. Too nice." She shook her head.

Tom looked slightly more on edge, though it went unnoticed by Faith; it always surprised Tom when Faith was so forward like that.

"As I said, you helped me first. The room of requirement, and now the study help," Tom spoke calmly.

"Yeah, well it seems uncharacteristic of you," Faith laughed.

Tom egarly changed the subject, "Are you reading Frankenstein?" He pointed to the worn down book beside her, the pages scattered with annotations.