Chapter 25

ᴘʜɪʟᴏᴘʜᴏʙɪᴀ (ɴ.) ꜰᴇᴀʀ ᴏꜰ ꜰᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ.

) ꜰᴇᴀʀ ᴏꜰ ꜰᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ

As soon as the two reached the room of requirement, Faith slumped onto the sofa, sighing deeply. Tom sat opposite her on an armchair, looking much less casual than Faith.

"What did your brother want?" Tom asked, staring at Faith, who had her gaze sleepily fixed on the ceiling as she lay on the sofa.

"My parents want me to go back home for christmas." Faith sighed.

"Oh." Tom looked at her inquisitively.

Whatever was going on between the two of them, Tom had secretly hoped that he would be able to spend christmas with Faith, alone. Tom knew that by January, when he put his plans to action, things would be complicated.

"Yes. Oh," Faith sighed, "I don't think there's any getting out of it. My parents are hosting a christmas party and I guess it would look weird if one of their children wasn't there. Don't want their guests to think that they're bad parents," Faith rolled her eyes.

"I'm sorry to hear that." Tom replied.

"It's okay. I'll be okay," Faith nodded, though to Tom it more sounded as if she were desperately trying to convince herself.

The two sat in silence for a while after that. Faith had moved to sit by the large window, an astrology book in hand as she searched for constellations.

Tom decided to let her be, instead of interrogating her. He very much wanted to ask her why she hated going back home so much, or what she thought about her and Tom's 'not quite' relationship.

But, Faith obviously was not in the mood to talk. She'd had a long day, and Tom did not particularly want her to ask him questions in return; especially those few questions that Tom, disturbingly, had no answers for. For example, his intentions with Faith. He had furiously searched his mind for the past few weeks, trying to understand his feelings. Why Faith Silvers, of all people? Why couldn't he get her off his mind? What was the purpose of these feelings? How could he make use of them?

So far, he'd found nothing. Perhaps it hadn't been wise to ignite these feelings with Faith, but, however much it scared him to admit it, it hurt too much to be away from her.

Tom Riddle did not like feeling scared; he was going to get to the bottom of this, but just not now.

Faith glanced up at Tom, who was sitting across the room on the armchair, reading as per usual. Faith was sitting, her knees huddled towards her chest as she held her astrology textbook into the moonlight, the silvery glow illuminating the black ink on the pages, and the illustrations of of the conteslations.

Faith was secretly glad that Tom did not try to talk to her. With anyone else, they would probably be forcing her to go into detail about her home, her brother, or the events that took place in the library that day. But, Faith smiled to herself, that's what she had always liked about Tom Riddle; he didn't pry.

He understood when she lacked the energy to talk, he always had. Ever since first year, when they would work on schoolwork outside of class together, they always seemed somewhat in sink with each other. He always knew when Faith needed to be distant, and he'd let her.

"Tom?" Faith said as she moved from her moonlight bathed spot by the window and perched on the arm of Tom's chair.

He looked up from his book, "Yes?"

"I was thinking," She grinned at Tom, who's brows furrowed.

"What, Silvers?" Tom sighed, exasperated.

"Well, maybe, unless you really don't want to," Faith rambled, grinning at him, "Maybe you could come to my house with me for christmas?"

Tom didn't look as though he despised the idea, as Faith thought he would. Instead, he looked rather surprised and confused.

"Faith, I doubt your parents would want me there," Tom pointed out.

"I don't think they'd mind really. I mean you're a slytherin, a prefect and the best student in our year, possibly the school,"

"That's true," Tom nodded, making Faith laugh.

"You really are full of yourself, Riddle," Faith grinned at him lovingly.

"Why shouldn't I be? Everything you said is true," Tom smirked at her, grinning.

Faith rolled her eyes, smirking in reply, "Well anyway, my parents would like you. Definitely like you more than me, but that's not very difficult to achieve," Faith shook her head, continuing, "Our house is massive, and we have more than enough rooms, and we have a library and a garden and everything!"

Tom looked unconvinced.

"Please come, Tom," Faith looked at softly. The gold flecks inside his brown eyes were dancing in the light of the fire, as if they were droplets of gold. "You'd be the only thing keeping me sane there."

Tom looked back at Faith, his brows still furrowed, " I suppose it would be more interesting than spending it here alone," Faith grinned at this, wrapping her arms around Tom's shoulders.

"Thank you!" She squealed, "I'll go and write to my parents now, so that we can have a reply by the morning."Faith smiled, getting to her feet and smiling at Tom.

"Silvers, it's after hours. If you get caught-"

"Don't fret, Riddle," Faith grinned, kissing Tom's cheek playfully, "I won't get caught."

Tom rolled his eyes in reply, and with that, a grinning Faith made her way cautiously to the owlery.

Note:
Helloo!!!
I just wanted to say thank you so much for reading and voting, I cannot believe this story has over 1k reads!

Also, if you like the marauders from Harry potter, I'm writing a Regulus Black love story so go read that if you're interested:)

Thank you all so much:3