Chapter 17

[Abraxas Malfoy]

Abraxas Malfoy did not like Faith Silvers

Abraxas Malfoy did not like Faith Silvers. He never had. And, as he sat in the darkened slytherin common room with Tom Riddle, he eyed the girl from across the room suspiciously.

Faith was in her usual spot, bathing in the little warmth provided by the fire, curled up on the sofa reading.

Faith, in Abraxas' mind, was a blood traitor. Even though she hardly drew attention to herself, it was difficult to ignore who her family are. And how different she is to them.

The Malfoys and the Silvers had many things in common: pure bloods, slytherins, the correct opinions about these thilthy mudbloods. Abraxas had been to the Silvers' Manor a few times- pureblood family dinners. He had been acquainted with the family, and couldn't help but question why Faith was so different.

Dade Silvers, Faith's eldest brother, ten years older than her, is an obnoxious man; set in his ways and irritatingly shallow and egotistical. Though, most of Abraxas' family friends seemed to adopt this personality.

Axel Silvers, Faith's brother in 7th year, had always come across as intimidating to most of the school. Abraxas however, never saw him as a threat; being a part of Tom's group had the perk that the entire school were afraid of them, including that bully, Axel. Besides, Axel only harassed muggle borns, as well as blood traitors, so Abraxas would be the last person he'd pick to curse.

Faith Silvers however, was completely different. It somewhat confused Abraxas that Axel didn't pick on Faith. She was, no denying it, a blood traitor. She's best friends with that ravenclaw mudblood, and her lack of pure blood friends only reiterated her betrayal to her own family. Though the girl usually stayed out of trouble, she would without a doubt verbally attack anyone who even uttered the word mudblood in her presence.

So why would Tom even associate with such a idiotic traitor? Sure, she helped him to find the chamber, but what else could she be useful for?

It worried Abraxas when Riddle was distant like this, he hadn't ignited a meeting between the Knights in a while, and had been spending a suspicious amount of time with Faith. It was not his place to question his lord, but he could not dream up a reason why Tom would still be interested in gaining the girl's trust. She had played her part, successfully helping them find the chamber. What else does she have to offer?