Chapter 1

Eternal ~
𝓗𝓮 𝔀𝓱𝓸 𝓫𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓼 𝓽𝓸 𝓱𝓲𝓶𝓼𝓮𝓵𝓯 𝓪 𝓳𝓸𝔂

𝓓𝓸𝓮𝓼 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝔀𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓮𝓭 𝓵𝓲𝓯𝓮 𝓭𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓻𝓸𝔂

𝓗𝓮 𝔀𝓱𝓸 𝓴𝓲𝓼𝓼𝓮𝓼 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓳𝓸𝔂 𝓪𝓼 𝓲𝓽 𝓯𝓵𝓲𝓮𝓼

𝓛𝓲𝓿𝓮𝓼 𝓲𝓷 𝓮𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓷𝓲𝓽𝔂'𝓼 𝓼𝓾𝓷𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓮
~William Blake

𝓛𝓲𝓿𝓮𝓼 𝓲𝓷 𝓮𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓷𝓲𝓽𝔂'𝓼 𝓼𝓾𝓷𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓮 ~William Blake

Faith Silvers excitedly skipped out of the great hall after the start of year feast, Amara Fluerie by her side.
"Merlin Faith, will you stop tripping over your own feet, "Amara spat, glaring at Faith as they made their way to the slytherin common rooms.
"Sorry," Faith laughed, "I'm just excited to be back, that's all"

That was true, but Faith was more relieved to be back rather than excited; the summer had been long, and particularly lonely. Amara wasn't the kind of friend that would spend the summer with Faith; they weren't particularly close friends, while they still did enjoy each other's company.

Really, Faith's only close friends were Lottie Bright and Daniel Allen- both ravenclaws. She mainly found herself alone in the slytherin common rooms, which she somewhat preferred to spending time with Amara and Walburga Black's clique of stuck-up slytherin girls. It wasn't that Faith really hated any of them (although Walburga's antics often provoked hatred from the rest of their year), it was more that Faith wasn't interested in being one hundred percent invested in a group of people that she didn't have much in common with.

Faith and Amara chatted about their summer holidays until reaching the common room, where Amara left to greet Walburga's group.
Faith cosied up on a black, leather sofa, watching as her fellow slytherins greeted each other after the summer.

The slytherin common room was absolutely not Faith's favourite place; the green glow of the lights and grand, uncomfortable furniture did not make the atmosphere particularly comforting or cosy. At least the fire was warm, Faith thought as she edged closer to the orange glow.

From across the room, Faith spied Tom Riddle, making his way through the crowd of slytherins towards her. Her smiled widened as she waved at him frantically.
"Hi Tommy!"

Tom riddle eyed Faith Silvers from across the room. She was sitting, alone, staring into the glowing orange fire in the corner of the common room. Her hair was illuminated by the flames, making it appear golden.

Faith had always irritated Tom Riddle; she seemed to be the only person in the whole school who didn't respect him. Tom often found, to his delight, that people either were intimidated by him, or respected him; Tom, as well as the rest of the school, were well aware that he was the most intellectual and achieved student in the school. As a result, many students looked up to him.

Faith however, didn't. She was actually the second smartest student in their year, which ordinarily would make Tom feel competitive around her, however there was something about Faith Silvers that made him feel different around her. She was strange.

Tom definitely didn't see Faith as his friend, ( although he was sure Faith felt differently about that), but he did enjoy her company occasionally. She was almost Tom's intellectual equal, which meant he could often rely on her to have interesting conversations with, usually about school work. It was better than the conversations with the slytherin idiots he was surrounded by, at least.

Abraxas Malfoy was rambling on about his summer next to him, along with Avery Lestrange, Rosier and Nott. Completely uninterested, Tom excused himself, approaching Faith slowly.

The blonde noticed him quickly, flashing him a toothy grin and waving.

"Hi Tommy!" she laughed.

Tom felt anger in his chest, but dismissed it quickly. 'It is only Faith', he reminded himself. She had a habit of addressing him as 'Tommy', which he wholeheartedly despised, despite the fact she didn't intend it to be malicious.

"Have I not expressed my hated for that name on countless occasions, Silvers?" He spoke, sternly.

Faith merely laughed friendly and rolled her eyes, "I'm sorry Riddle, it must of slipped my mind"

What Tom truly disliked about Faith, was that she wasn't afraid of him. It wasn't that he particularly wanted to be feared by his peers, but no matter how intimidating Tom was around Faith, she never seemed to take it to heart. She was almost impossible to offend.

Tom exhaled, and spoke calmly, "I wanted to return the book you lent me, about astrology," He handed her a blue book with gold letters on the cover reading 'Astronomy: the study of the stars, volume II', "I have to say, the information about planetary influences was rather interesting."

"See, I told you astrology was worth learning! "Faith grinned, taking the book from Tom's outstretched hand.

Tom wasn't really interested in astrology, it was too similar to divination in his opinion, which was something he loathed. The information he learnt during these classes were not useful, in fact they were utter nonsense half the time. Faith however, adored astrology, to Tom's surprise. She had never struck him as someone who enjoyed 'interpreting' information.

"Well, I better go," Faith said, gathering her things and standing from the stiff leather sofa, "Oh wait Tom, before I forget, I have something to show you tomorrow," she smiled knowingly.

Tom raised an eyebrow, "Silvers, you know me well enough to understand I do not enjoy surprises,"

"Well tough. You'll enjoy this one, I'm sure of it"

Tom rolled his eyes as Faith walked away, giving him one last warm smile, "I'll see you tomorrow!"
Tom only sighed, irritated.