Chapter 36

Even the
Darkest nights
Have a little

Light
With you.
-dj

"Running away?" Faith couldn't help but grin.

"Yes,"Tom stated, matter of factly, still rushing down the corridors, holding Faith's hand. "You don't want to be here, I don't want to be here- it makes perfect sense."

Faith smiled up at him curiously, "Usually I'm the insane one, have I rubbed off on you, Tom?"

"This is not insane," He rolled his eyes. "It's only 8pm, we won't be missed by your parents as long as we get back before 11."

They continued down the candlelit hallway, the muffled chatter of the dinner party growing quieter, until they finally entered Tom's darkened room.

Faith shook her head with a grin in disbelief, taken aback at this alien display of spontaneity. "Okay, say we were insane enough to do that, where would we go?"

Tom smiled and turned to look at her. "Do you remember the Slug club party where you helped me ditch that awfully boring dinner?" He smirked.

Faith furrowed her brows, "I seem to remember, I ditched that party and you threatened to turn me in, but yes, go on,"

Tom began packing a bag, glancing up to Faith. "Well, consider this repaying the favour,"

Faith, utterly confunded, walked closer to him, "Tom, that in no way answered my question."

"Oh, I know," He shrugged, holding the bag and pausing for a moment to look at Faith, holding out a hand for her to take. He stared at her, eyes intent, "Do you trust me?"

She stared back at him for a moment, before taking his hand. "I trust you."

After a brief moment where the two stared at each other in complete trust, Faith suddenly found the entire world to be moving to her utter surprise, shapes blurring around her, and an instense pressure on her head. And then, they were somewhere else. Somewhere cold.

She blinked at Tom, eyes wide. "What the hell?! You can apperate?!"

Tom blinked, a small smile on his lips,"Had I not mentioned that before?"

Faith stared at him in disbelief, mouth agape, before scoffing and shaking her head,"You never fail to surprise me." Tom smiled, and tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear. "Some warning would have been nice, though," Faith added with a mutter, looking around. They seemed to be on a hill, overlooking a city. "Where are we anyway?"