Chapter 20

Tom pulled away from the kiss first, his intense stare softening as his brows furrowed

Tom pulled away from the kiss first, his intense stare softening as his brows furrowed. Faith was smiling uncontrollably until she noticed Tom's distressed expression. Faith took his hand, looking at him concernd.

"Are you ok-"

"I have to go." Tom interupted, breaking from her grip and walking hastily out of the room.

"Wait, Tom!" Faith ran after him, but it was too late. He had already gone. The world suddenly felt ten times colder as Faith stood alone, shivering in the darkness.

Faith had never felt this alone. Part of her hated that Tom had this affect on her. She knew that he was hiding something. But she found his hidden side. His loving side.

Unless she hadn't. Unless it was a lie.

As Faith sat in her history of magic class, staring at the back of Tom's head, Faith couldn't help buy feel angry. And she really, really hated feeling angry.

It had been a week since he kissed her. Tom Riddle kissed her. And she kissed him back. It felt like colours become more vivid, like the cold air on that warm night hit her face with violent intention, the icy tears pathetically dripping down her face as she watched him walk away.

He walked away. Tom Riddle walked away. It shouldn't have come as a surprise, really. Lottie was right, he's just like the rest of them: cruel and selfish.

But he wasn't though, not that night. He had been kind, fun, lovely. Beautiful.

Anger rose to Faith's chest. Tom hadn't as much looked at her since that night. There was one thing that Faith hated even more than being lied to, and that was being ignored.

"Faith," Amara nudged her, whispering, "Are you even paying attention?"

Snapping out of her trance, Faith looked down at her empty page. "Oh, mind if I copy your notes after class?"

Amara laughed, "Take 'em, Silvers," passing her the notes as the class ended.

Faith packed away her things, her eyes still fixated on Tom. Just look at me! She thought desperately.

Tom's head shot around, briefly making eye contact with Faith, a blank face masking his emotions, before swiftly leaving the room.

Faith felt her stomach drop. Did he hear her?

Note: Hii!
Again, I have exams so I won't be updating as regularly as usual, but I'll try to write every now and then :D

Also!! I've started writing a Regulus Black love story, so it would mean a lot if you could go and read what I have so far :D

Thank you all so much for reading and voting on this story, I can't believe it has over 500 reads, it means the world to me <3