Prologue

Scott Calvin's POV:

Bernard has been working so hard lately and it's only July. This Christmas will be our biggest one yet, (well they get bigger every year, but still) which is understandable he would want to work more but still, he should take breaks sometimes. When we try to confront Bernard about working really hard, he plays it off like nothing and says he is fine. After Carol and I got married, he has been avoiding us more, particularly Carol and saying he was busy. I wonder why. Even when I talk to Charlie about girl problems because he is in middle school and isn't sure of things yet, Bernard leaves. I'm guessing he is lonely.

According to Curtis and some other elves, Bernard mostly stays alone when he isn't working. So, Curtis and I have been trying to find him someone that can help him out with all of his work, and maybe even become his friend. Just then Curtis ran into the office. "Santa! Santa! We have a situation!" He said. "What?" I said standing up quickly. "It's about operation Bernard!" Curtis whisper-shouted. "Oh. Continue then." I said and sat back down in my chair. "Well, I think I found the perfect person!"

I raised an eyebrow. "Curtis are you sure? Last time you thought you found the perfect person, it turned out to be a shark." "What? Bernard can be like a shark sometimes so he should have a friend that matches his personality!" Curtis said chuckling. "Curtis?" I said impatiently. "Sorry sorry. Anyway so I think I found someone. Her name is Emily AND she's 16!" We both knew that Bernard was 16 in human years. He showed me a couple of videos of her that one of the naughty-nice cameras took. (The naughty and nice cameras record people doing good or bad deeds so we can put them on the list where they belong) "Curtis, this is a girl who has a life at home, we can't just take her to the North Pole! Her family would miss her."

"I'm not so sure about that sir. I would rather not say anything without her permission, but, her parents are not the nicest at all. I don't think she would be missed." I frowned. I hate parents that don't treat their kids with respect. "Okay, then, let's go and get her!" I said.