Chapter 17: Christmas Eve

𝙸'𝚖 𝚜𝚘 𝚒𝚗 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙸 𝚖𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚙 𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐...♥︎

Emily's POV:

Bernard and I cuddled on my bed for what seemed like hours but then I realized. Bernard was running his hands through my hair when I asked him, "B, what day is it?" "Its Christmas Eve, Em." He replied. "B, it's Christmas Eve! We need to be making sure everything is ready for Santa's sleigh tonight!" I said sitting up. "You're right, Santa said you and I could have the morning off after what we've been through and to get more sleep but I think we need to work." He said. "I agree, but just 5 more minutes?" I pleaded like a puppy. Bernard rolled his eyes playfully, grabbed my waist and pulled me towards him and kissed the top of my head.

Hours later...

It was almost time for Santa to leave on his sleigh to deliver toys to the world, but Bernard and I had to do a final check on the presents and the security of the bag. Everything was perfect. Then it was time for Santa to go! He wanted to leave earlier that way he would be able to have time to see Charlie, Lucy, Neal, and Laura. He gave Mrs. Claus (Carol) a kiss on the cheek and saluted with Curtis and Bernard they then laughed together and he shook their hands.

Then he came over to me and we hugged. "I just wanted to thank you for saving me all of those months ago. The North Pole has felt more at home than anywhere else in the world." I said. Santa grabbed my hands, looked me in the eyes and said, "It doesn't feel like home without you here, Em. Thank YOU for joining us." He said. Bernard then came to stand behind Santa. "It's true, you know." I smiled and my face flushed a light pink.

Then, Bernard took my hand and led me outside. "Come on! I know the best place to watch Santa leave!" He said as we ran. We were on the top of the stairs of the outside of the workshop. We got there before everyone else so we got to have the balcony. Then the rest of the elves and Carol arrived, all ready to say bye to Santa. Then we saw the big doors open and the 8 reindeer come running out! Then we saw Santa in his sleigh with the bag in tow.

"On Dasher and Dancer, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Vixen and Rudolph!" He yelled. Then they were up in the air! Bernard squeezed my hand excitedly. I leaned into him and he put his arms around me. Santa and the reindeer flew up and up as the elves were cheering him on like crazy. Then Santa got up by the big hole in the sky that leads him to the real world. "Now dash away, dash away, dash away all!!" He bellowed. And then he was gone. All of us clapped and cheered. Christmas Eve was a success. It's at this moment when you realize all of the hard work throughout the year is worth it.

The elves shot off red, green, gold, white, and silver fireworks as 'Party Rock' by LMFAO played. The elves were dancing to it. Bernard just held me in his arms, both of us taking it all in and him humming along to the lyrics. It was beautiful and magical.