Chapter 14: The Rescue Plan

Back at the North Pole...

Bernard's POV:

It has been a good few hours since the dance ended. It ended after what happened between Em and I. Santa called me into his office and then shut the door behind me. I immediately started talking. "Look I know why you called me here and I am sorry I yelled, I just-" Santa cut me off. "Look, I am a little upset that you yelled, but I just want to know what happened there. I just want to talk. Is everything okay?" He asked, calmly. "I-I don't know..." I admitted.

"Is it about Em?" He asked. "Well...yes." "Tell me everything." He said, listening intently. I told him about everything, absolutely everything, about how Em and I have gotten closer, Curtis and the other elves making fun of us wherever we went, and how we danced together at the dance and how Em asked what we were. "Well, it sounds to me like you're in love with her, Bernard." Santa said.

Santa's POV:

I sometimes forget that Bernard is 16 in human years but is immortal like the other elves. He is just so mature and takes great care and pride in his work it's hard to forget he's technically still 16. He has never been in love before and it's so funny that he's been around for so long and acting like a lost puppy who's in love. I wanted to help him out with it. "Bernard, what you really need to do is apologize to her and tell her how you feel. If she doesn't feel the same way, it may hurt for a while but at least-" Bernard finished the sentence.

"But at least I'll know! I should have just answered her right there on the dance floor! I feel like such an idiot. I'm going to go to her room right now and apologize!" He said pointing his finger on the desk determinedly. He started to get up when Curtis burst through the door. "Sir! Sir! We have a major situation!! Frost- and- and-Em-" He started, yelling in panic. "Curtis, Curtis, slow down. What. Happened?" I asked. "I think it's better you come see for yourself." He started, then he turned to Bernard. "Bernard, you should come too, it's about Em."

Bernard's POV:

Oh. no. All 3 of us ran to the...camera rooms? There were elves there that looked extremely concerned. Santa sat down in one of the chairs as Curtis and I stood around it. It was video footage the camera got of Em in the hallway. She was exiting the kitchen and was walking down one of the hallways sipping on hot chocolate when then Frost started following her and then tapped her on the shoulder. She turned around and saw it was him.

"Well hello there!" He said. I rolled my eyes and she did too on the screen. Then she said, "What do you want Frost?" "Well I couldn't help but overhearing about the drama that happened tonight!" She sighed and then walked away from him. "I don't want to talk about it." Then Frost stopped her. Oh he is asking for it. I tensed up my fists and Santa noticed. "Take a deep breath" He said. I took a deep breath and my fists unclenched. We continued watching.

"Aww, I know love can be difficult but it is important to talk about it!" Frost said. "It's not-we're not-" Em was cut off by Jack putting a finger to her lips. "Shh shh shh. Now now now, Bernard was very out of hand tonight I would say, especially when all of the talk between the elves was that something would have happened between you two tonight. Well it sure did!" Frost cackled. Em's face looked sad. "You know, I thought the guy had it in him! I thought maybe after all this time maybe just maybe...he cared for you or even..." He got close and whispered in her ear, "Loved you." I was going to lose my mind on Frost.

A single tear rolled down her cheek. I was going to murder him!! Frost wiped it off of her cheek and then said, "Well then, I'm so glad we talked. Now it's time for the important part!" He said enthusiastically.

"What? What else could you possibly want from me?" Em said, obviously about to cry. "I was wanting to know if you wanted to be my elf!" EXCUSE ME? He said WHAT? "What?" She said confused. "Well, obviously this place has proven that it's not good enough for you, so you should join me! We could be unstoppable!" Jack Frost said. Don't do it Em, DON'T DO IT!!

"No way Frost! I may have had some really hard things happen to me tonight, but The North Pole has gifted me so much and it's my home! I will never join you." She said confidently. YES! "Well it's a shame...I did give you a choice..." Then Frost snapped his fingers and two SNOW GUARDS appeared! Em's eyes widened in horror. She backed away in fear as the guards growled at her. Then Frost snapped his fingers and an ice lever appeared.
"It's time to say goodbye now Emily!" Then he pulled the lever. "Bye bye!" The floor opened up and Em fell through screaming. That was the end of the recording.

I slammed my fists onto the desk. "I'm going to murder Frost when I get my hands on him!" I yelled. "Bernard, please calm down. What just happened was terrible and Frost will most definitely be kicked off of the legendary figures, but we need a plan." "Santa, not to be rude or anything but...we don't know where he put Em!!" I said, exasperated. "Well we are going to catch him and find out." Santa said determinedly.

So the plan was that the E.L.F.S would use their heat tracking machines to find Frost under the ground. Which they did, he was outside underground the snow in a series of...ice caves?

The E.L.F.S dug a ditch to get to the ice caves and then Santa, Curtis and I jumped in. As soon as Santa saw Frost though, he tackled him to the ground, much to Curtis and I's delight. "Go! go!" Santa said and then Curtis and I ran off to find Em just as the E.L.F.S were putting Frost into handcuffs while Santa held him down. We're going to rescue Em, I can just feel it.