Chapter 18: Christmas Day and Mistletoe ♡

Emily's POV:

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping outside of my window and the sunlight shining brightly in my room. It is Christmas morning. Wait. IT'S CHRISTMAS MORNING! I rushed to my bathroom as I quickly took the braids out of my hair and my hair was all wavy. I had my Christmas nightgown on!

Then I put on my black house shoes and ran to the door of my room

Then I put on my black house shoes and ran to the door of my room. I opened it to find someone already there.

"Well good morning to you!" Bernard said with a smile. I kissed him on the cheek and said, "Good morning!" Just then Judy and Curtis appeared at the door, hand in hand. "Ugh get a room!" Curtis said. "I think it's sweet!" Judy said. And then Curtis rolled his eyes playfully at us. "Merry Christmas guys!" He said. "Merry Christmas!" Bernard and I said to him at the same time. "Shall we?" He offered me his hand and I took it. "Let's go!" And I pulled him towards the workshop "Woah!" Was all he said as Judy and Curtis ran after us, laughing.

We arrived at the workshop where Santa and Carol were waiting by the big Christmas tree. All of the elves were already there as well! I went to the balcony of the workshop and said, "Merry Christmas, everyone!" With a smile. "Merry Christmas Emily!" All of the elves replied happily. Now it was time to open presents!

All of the elves got special handwritten thank you cards and candy from Santa, as did Bernard and I. After a good 45 minutes of opening presents went by, it seemed as if everyone had opened all of their gifts. Except one. "Hey! Emily! There's still one gift behind the tree for you!" Betty said, handing it to me. What? I sat down next to Bernard next to the fireplace where we were opening our presents. "What could it be?" He questioned.

Bernard's POV:

Betty winked at me and I winked at her back. Oh I hope Em likes it! Em held the gold box in her hand and carefully took off the bow. She opened the box and...

Emily's POV:

It was a beautiful diamond snowflake necklace! "Oh my gosh." My hand went over my mouth in disbelief as I held the necklace in my hand.

"Do you like it?" Bernard asked me with a smile

"Like it? Oh Bernard, this is the best gift anyone has ever given me

"Like it? Oh Bernard, this is the best gift anyone has ever given me. Thank you!" I hugged him tightly and he hugged me back. "Want me to put it on you?" He asked. "Please." I said back. I moved my hair out of the way and he put the necklace on me. I turned around to face him and smiled. "You make it look beautiful." He said. Just then, Judy was hanging over the fireplace dangling a mistletoe.

I wasted no time and kissed Bernard, in front of everyone. He grabbed my face and did the same. The elves all cheered and some threw their hats up in the air. Santa and Carol clapped and laughed. Even Frost was clapping, rolling his eyes as he did. Bernard and I released each other from the kiss and we just looked into each other's eyes smiling.

Just then Judy came down from the fireplace and gave Frost a big hug. He started...melting? "Ooh, it's so nice and warm! I-I feel so happy!" He said giggling. Just then he turned back into a regular man! "I feel so much better now! Thank you Judy!" He said and then clicked his heels together happily. Bernard and Curtis just laughed, knowing that Jack Frost the evil was gone.

"Come on to the kitchen, everyone! Us kitchen elves have made a Christmas breakfast feast for everyone!" Abby said cheerfully. All of the elves including Frost cheered and ran towards the kitchen and Santa said, "A feast?" I wouldn't want to miss out on this!" This made Carol laugh and walk with him to the kitchen. I pulled on Bernard's arm. "Bernard? Can I talk to you for a second?" I asked him. "Of course." He said. The rest of the elves closed the doors behind them and we were alone in the workshop. "I don't know if I can accept this necklace you gave me. I wasn't able to get you anything else except pita bread because Frost took me." I moved to take it off.

"Don't!" He said grabbing my hands. "Em, I don't need a big fancy gift. Just you and your smile is the best Christmas gift you could give me. And seriously, I needed more pita bread so you're a life saver." He said, hugging me. I hugged him back and then, "So let's see about this Christmas breakfast, huh?" He asked. I laughed and we walked hand-in-hand to the kitchens.

Hours later...

No one's POV:

Emily and Bernard were in Emily's room listening to Christmas music by the fire and talking. "So, was this your best Christmas ever?" Bernard asked. "Are you kidding? The others don't even compare to this one!" Em said laughing. Just then, Bernard realized how late it was. "Oh man, I'd better be getting back to my room." "Bernard, just stay here. Please?" Emily asked. "Okay." He agreed. Emily yawned, so did he and Em turned off the lights and got into bed. "You care if I take my shirt off?" Bernard asked. "No you're fine." She said, yawning.

Bernard took off his shirt and Em could see the broad shoulders he had. "Like what you see?" He said and smirked. Em's face got bright red but luckily it was dark except for the fire so Bernard couldn't see. "Oh shut up and get over here." Emily said and Bernard laughed and got into the bed with her. They cuddled together. Emily had forgotten to turn the Christmas radio off but didn't care.

Just then The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole played. "Oh I love this song, it's my absolute favorite Christmas song!" She said quietly into the darkness. Bernard said, "Me too. It really describes the Christmas feeling." He said. "That's exactly what I'd say." Em said. Bernard sighed a deep relaxed sigh and Em ran her fingers through his dark curly hair.

He still smelled of cinnamon and citrus to her. To him, she smelled like vanilla. The diffuser was on, putting the smell of peppermint into the air and the fire crackled as the song played. The only lights that were on were the Christmas lights from Em's window. It was snowing gently outside but you could still see the moon shining brightly from above.

"Merry Christmas, Emily." Bernard whispered into her hair. "Merry Christmas, Bernard." She whispered back. The song then ended:

𝙼𝚎𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝙲𝚑𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚖𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞...♡

❤️ 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕰𝖓𝖉 ❤️