Chapter 5: Time goes on

Emily's POV:

It had been a good few weeks since I arrived at the North Pole. Had I been back at my house I would have had school. Luckily, Santa had the ability to erase me from everyone's minds there, including my parents which by the way, I was not missing very much. Yes, I was sad that they won't ever remember me, but it was for my own good. They can live their lives happily and so can I.

Nevermind them, working at the Pole has been great. Bernard has been teaching me all of the ropes to being an elf. Every day at about 2:00, we would supervise the elves and Bernard would show them something if they needed help.

I felt so lucky to have been chosen by Santa to come and live here, yes I know the main reason I was chosen was because Bernard needed help but it got me out of a bad situation too. I know that Curtis told Santa about my past, I okayed him to. Life has been good.

Bernard's POV:

Life has been good, I think I am finally realizing how much I do for the North Pole and how nice it is to have help around here. Plus, Emily and I have been talking a lot more during work and have gotten to know more about each other. I think it has definitely taken the tension off of things. I know it's only August, but the months are slipping by faster and faster. The truth is, I'm ready for it.