Chapter 7: Jack Frost

Emily's POV:

It has been a few weeks after I told Bernard about my parents, and I feel that he has barely left my side since. Today, Santa called an emergency meeting and needed Bernard and Curtis there. Bernard thought that I should come along too so I went. All three of us ran up the stairs to Santa's office and I saw a bunch of different figures there. There was a woman, a man with a long beard, a bunny, two fairies, and a man asleep on the desk. Who could they be?

I found out that they are Mother Nature, Father Time, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, Cupid, and the Sandman. They are all members of the legendary figures council, as is Santa, and are all here to discuss something as a group. I felt honored to be here and getting to meet all of them. They all knew Bernard and Curtis but were pleased to meet me, except Sandman, who just kept sleeping. Then there was a chill in the air

Another figure walked into the room. He had on an icy blue suit and icy white spiked hair. "Sorry I'm late everyone." He said smugly as he entered the room. I already didn't like him. Mother Nature introduced him as Jack Frost, as if everyone else didn't already know. He walked over to Bernard, Curtis and I. "Hello Curtis, wonderful to see you as always," Frost started. Curtis rolled his eyes. "Bernard, hello." He said and then moved on. Bernard gave him a cold hard stare.

"And hello to you, I don't believe we've met before." He said as he turned to face me. "I'm Emily." I said cautiously. I could tell no one liked this guy. "I'm Jack Frost. But you can just call me Jackie sweetheart." He said winking and then he picked up my hand and kissed it. I made a small face of disgust and Bernard then suddenly stepped in front of me, grabbing my hands, shielding me from Jack Frost. "Alright Frost that's enough." He said sternly, looking him in the eyes.

"Yes Frost, you don't want to scare the girl, she is new here." Said Father Time. Santa gave Bernard a "back off" look, then he quickly let go of my hands and his face went red as he was embarrassed. I realized he had been holding my hands too and my face felt hot. I appreciated Bernard taking control of that situation. Frost was too cocky to be liked.

Apparently everyone was here to discuss if Frost should be kept around as a legendary figure or not. Everyone voted as taking him off of the council but before the decision was made, "Wait!" He called out. "What if I prove myself, one more chance? Please?" Frost pleaded pitifully. "Fine. You can have one more chance, but that's it." Mother Nature said firmly.

"Oh thank you. Thank you thank you!" Jack Frost said giddily. "Santa, what is your say in this?" Asked Mother Nature. "Frost, we're giving you one final chance. You will prove yourself worthy by helping with the Christmas preparations until the 25th." Curtis's eyes widened in shock and Bernard gasped. It was Bernard's worst nightmare having Frost here, I already knew. I grabbed his hand from under the table to reassure him and he seemed to de-tense a little as I did. He held mine back tightly and didn't let go.

Santa continued talking. "If you succeed, you will remain a figure, if not, you're out." "Oh wonderful! Just peachy!" Jack said giggling. I rolled my eyes. "I'm sure we're all going to have a grand time!" He said, mainly looking at me. Creepy. "We'll see about that, Frost. I mean it. One wrong move and you're out." Santa said. "Yes sir!" Frost said giddily again. I'm over him already. "Meeting adjourned!" Mother Nature said. And it was decided.

Curtis had to go with Santa to show Frost how everything worked and what he would be helping with. "Toodalo!" Frost said as he walked away from Bernard and I. Bernard, still holding my hand, pulled me away and we were running back to the office. "Bernard! Slow down!" I said as we ran. "Oh I'm sorry, Em." We got into his office and closed the door. Bernard and I sat down on the couch, "I just, One, I can't believe they are allowing him to stay on the council and two, allowing him here?! Before Christmas?! They are out of their minds!" He said exasperatedly, taking off his hat and covering his face with it.

I took his hands and removed the hat off of his face. "Look, I agree with you, but, we have to make the best of this. There's nothing we can do now except go with the flow. Besides, if he does anything wrong, he's out. For good." I said to him, looking him in the eyes. He really does have pretty eyes. They are a deep, deep brown. I felt lost in them but then, "Yeah, you're right Em, thanks." He said. I smiled back at him. "Of course. Now, we have work to do." Bernard nodded and we got back to work.