Chapter 15: The Truth about Bernard

𝙻𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚊 𝚋𝚊𝚍 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎...𝙽𝚘𝚠 𝙸'𝚖 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞, 𝙸'𝚖 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 ♡

Bernard's POV:

As we were running, I thought about everything Em and I had been through. I thought about the first time I saw her, in that plaid flannel in the middle of July, coming down from the sleigh. How ever since she got there, life has been better. How much fun we have had together getting hot cocoa every day after work was over. How I loved to braid her long brown hair. How I hugged her tightly after the terrible nightmare she had that one night and how safe she felt telling me about her parents. How many times we've held hands accidentally or on purpose. How she can calm me down with just a touch or her voice. I thought about how good she is with the other elves and the reindeer. She just brings joy to everyone around her. And I broke her heart..I then thought about the dance. How beautiful she looked coming down the stairs, like a scene taken from a movie. How we danced together during 'Time after Time' and 'Last Christmas' how our foreheads touched and her sweet vanilla scent. Then I thought about how she asked what we were and I just yelled at her. I was acting just like her parents. I never ever want to be like them. I had a terrible day and was just getting annoyed by the smallest things, I should have never taken it out on her. I will never do that again. It was a bad time but I am all about her now. Em, we're coming for you. As soon as I see you, I'm going to apologize to you and never let you go.

Curtis and I kept running through the ice tunnels when suddenly we came to a big cave door. There was a big circular ice button that Curtis was standing next to. I nodded at him to press it and then he pressed it and then...the door opened and I saw...