Chapter 2- The North Pole and meeting Bernard

♡︎ 𝕀'𝕞 𝕥𝕚𝕣𝕖𝕕 𝕠𝕗 𝕨𝕒𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘, 𝕀 𝕨𝕒𝕤 𝕟𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕘𝕠𝕠𝕕 𝕒𝕥 𝕤𝕡𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕤 𐂂

Emily's POV:

Santa saw I looked worried. "Don't worry, she'll turn back into herself in an hour or two. Now, do you really wanna stay here with her? Or do you want to come with us to the North Pole?" "I'm coming with you guys!" I said firmly, still in disbelief that THE Santa Claus is in my house. "Don't I need to pack a bag?" I asked them. "Well, they'll have everything you need at the pole but maybe just bring a pair of shoes." Santa said. "Alright!" I said and hurried to put on my doc martens boots. I had on a plaid shirt with a tank top and jeans so it looked good with the boots. I also grabbed a small drawstring backpack and put in my favorite perfume and makeup. Who knows? Maybe I'll need it.

Santa and the younger elf were waiting in my living room when I finished packing my bag. I looked at my room one last time and then went to join them. "There you are!" Santa started, "Ready to go?" He asked. "Yes." I answered. We went outside to the roof and I got on HIS SLEIGH! There were two reindeer in the front, Comet and Blitzen. They were so adorable! Shortly after, Santa snapped the reigns and we were off soaring above the clouds. I gave a last look at the house that would thankfully no longer be my home and looked ahead as we continued flying. "Emily, my name is Curtis. I am the assistant head elf." Said the elf with the glasses as he held out his hand for me to shake it. I shook it and said, "It's great to meet you Curtis! I think we'll be good friends!" "I think we will too!" He said smiling back.

Later...

"Emily, you can wake up! We're here!" Santa said. I had fallen asleep! Man I must have been tired. But then, I saw it. The Aurora Borealis was shining around the circular entrance of it, we flew into the big circle and there it was! The North Pole! As we got further down I saw a lot of elves and different shops. It was so cool! A lot of the elves waved to us as we pulled into the stables. We then got out of the sleigh and two different elves tended to Comet and Blitzen to get them back into their stable stalls. After we got out, I just stood there taking it all in. Elves were rushing around like crazy a few smiling at me as they passed. It was wonderful! The air smelled like snow and fresh pine trees. I then saw a figure leaned against a pole watching us.

He looked much older than the other elves who looked like little kids here

He looked much older than the other elves who looked like little kids here. I dare say, he looked to be about my age. He then walked towards us. I felt butterflies in my stomach for some reason. Weird. "Ah. Bernard! There you are." Santa said. "Santa, Curtis, nice to see you made it back safe and sound." He then gestured towards me. "And uh...who's this?" He asked. "This is Emily. She is going to be helping you with your work." Santa said. "Oh...uhm...okay?" He seemed offended. "Well, Emily, I'm Bernard. It's nice to meet you." He said shaking my hand. "It's nice to meet you too." I said. His hand was really warm...ew! Gross Em! Snap out of it! After he shook my hand he said, "Santa, a word please?" And then him and Santa walked over by the sleigh to talk. I was confused.

Curtis was confused too. But he tried to change the subject and then asked me how I liked the North Pole. "I've only been here a few minutes but it is beautiful! It feels like a dream. I've always wanted to come here as a child and I never thought I would be here." I said. "Well, here you are!" Curtis said. Then a little girl elf smiled at me and then came up to Curtis and asked him a question. "Curtis, do you know how to screw this part of the toy in?" "Yes of course. It goes like this..." He then got into a conversation with the little elf. I looked over to see Bernard in a serious conversation with Santa looking over at me a few times...