Chapter 11: The Christmas Dance: Part 1

Quick note: Wait to play the song until it talks about it in the story! Thanks! :))

Emily's POV:

The weeks went by faster and faster, soon enough it was the Sunday before the dance! Judy and I were sitting in the kitchen talking during our break. She was drinking hot cocoa and I was drinking coffee, peppermint flavored, of course. We were talking about our plans for the dance as well. "We can get ready in my room if you want, it's big enough for you and I and maybe a few other girls." I suggested.

"That sounds great! I know Abby and Betty don't have any plans for getting ready and were wondering if we could maybe all do something together." Judy explained. Abby was another elf that worked in the kitchen and Betty was a toy building elf. "Does 5:30 on the night of the dance work?" "That's perfect!" She started, "Now, you and I need to go dress shopping tonight because I know for a fact we've both been too busy to buy one." "That sounds great but I'll have to let Bernard know that I won't be able to get hot cocoa with him tonight." I said.

"Oh you mean your daily date with your BOYFRIEND?" Judy teased. "Judy! You know we aren't a thing..." "Yet!" She finished. I rolled my eyes at her playfully. "So what about you and Curtis huh? I saw him absolutely take you in his arms a few weeks ago during the whole machine situation!" "It was very sweet, I was very upset and he made me feel a lot better." She said, blushing.

"I saw and meant to bring it up with you but I forgot." I said laughing. She smiled more and then looked at the time. "Oh my goodness! Two more minutes until break is over!" "Crap. Okay I'll see you tonight! 6:30 work?" I asked, heading for the door. "See you then!" Judy said and I ran back towards the office to get back to work.

...

It was finally the day of the dance! I was so excited and knew work was going to end a full 2 hours earlier today too so even more exciting! The day actually went by pretty fast and then it was 5 minutes until work ended. Bernard looked up from whatever he was writing on. "So, what time should I come to your room to pick you up for the dance?" He asked. "Actually, I was hoping I could just meet you there...I'm getting ready with a few friends." I said. "Let me guess, Judy." He said playfully.

"Yes, but also Abby and Betty." "Oh. Yeah I think Curtis and I are just going to do something together too before the dance." "Cool." I said. This was awkward. Then the bell rang for work to end for the day. "See you tonight!" I said to Bernard and then ran towards my room. "See you then!" He said back with a warm smile.

Bernard's POV:

I was excited for the dance, don't get me wrong but it has been getting really annoying all of the elves asking me if Emily and I were a thing or dating or something. I reassured all of them that we were just friends but then another one would ask the same thing. I would say the same thing to all of them.

Can't they all just mind their own business?! If some other elf asked me the same thing, I was going to lose my mind! I made it back to my room and began to get ready. Curtis was there and the first thing he asked me was, "You ready for your big date with Emily tonight?" "UGH!"

Emily's POV:

I showered then dried off my body and hair then got into my forest green bath robe. Soon enough the girls were knocking at my door. "Man, 5:30 already?" I thought out loud. The girls arrived and we began getting ready. I put on some music to have on in the background. The first song I chose was called "Perfect Christmas" The song started, "Well I've been waiting all year, just for this day to get here..." Abby, Betty, Judy and I were jamming out while getting ready.