Chapter Two: Honest Answer

Chapter Two

Honest Answer

It's been a week since the waiver was given to us. I haven't shown mine to mom. I'm not afraid of anything like she won't allow me to attend or something like that. Instead, Just of being questioned who's going to be my date was.

"We need to submit it next week, and you haven't gotten your sign. That's the problem!" Jungwon said he didn't even bother to hide the dissatisfaction in his voice. He was lying on my bed as I sat on my swivel study chair.

I turned around to face him and glared at him when I saw him crumbling my peach plushie. He immediately stops with an unsure smile, "I just got carried away," he said, hesitant, afraid of turning me into a mad fox. He surely won't like that.

"A week has seven days, we have twenty-four hours a day, and I still have one hundred sixty-eight hours to make mom sign it. how could be that a problem?" I asked him, firing back, implying the so much time I have.

Knowing mom, she would sign it as soon as I handed it to her.

He just chuckled before laughing, which made me confused for a moment. He looked at me with astonishment in his expression, "Woah, I thought you're bad at math!" he said, about to clap when I eyed him blazing one's

I stared at him beyond done, and a second later, I found myself tweaking my hair out of frustration, 'How is this child, my best friend?' I shook my head helplessly. I got back doing my homework, not wanting to waste my time trying to have a decent conversation with this cat lurking here in my bedroom.

It was Sunday today, so he decided to crash here instead of doing his homework.

I got busy writing essay one of our assignments when he spoke, "Have the thoughts of dating him ever crossed your mind?" he asked so out of the blue, making me glance at him again.

He was now lying facing the ceiling as he raised his hand seems like preventing the lights from blinding his eyes. He wasn't wrong using 'he' for the person I've been so into for the last four years, as he was indeed a man.

I smiled bitterly because of that, "Do you want an honest answer or a lie?" I asked him simply, even I thought what that question was for when the answer was too obvious already

We've been together ever since, and we know each other so well. There's no secret between us, and we tell everything to each other, including who we truly are.

It's funny, but we discovered ourselves together. Most were alone in the process. Still, we got each other back in that process till now. He was the first one I opened up to and told that I liked a man for the first time in high school. The same man I'm still into today.

I still remember clearly his response when I told him that tearfully. "So? What's wrong with that?" he said with a confused tone, "You can like whoever you want!" he added sassily when I was close to tears.

I couldn't help but smile every time. That made me realize how cool and incredible my best friend was.

I was attracted to both gender, and that's something I will never deny. It wasn't a sin, Liking someone isn't and loving them genuinely and all you got.

It was something confusing for the younger version of me, who's just starting to discover himself. My judgment and feeling were fighting inside me, as I feared people's reaction once they knew the real me.

It was the scariest phase of my life, frightened almost about everything. Why do I like a man when I'm a man myself? Why do I feel emotions, something society told and taught me to only feel for a woman? And things such as, will my friends and family still accept me like this? and a lot more.