Chapter Three: As Long As It's Me

Chapter Three

As long as It's me.

I got caught thinking too much from the past few days. I feel like all the thoughts I didn't want to think of and refused to were slowly being entertained in my mind unwillingly and given an answer.

Including the thoughts I've been avoiding, even just touching my mind, wherein we have a chance to be together.

Jungwon was right. It was something I didn't give to myself. It's not that I missed the chances, but I let them pass by, I couldn't recreate it, but it didn't mean I couldn't create one.

It depends on me, and yet, I didn't do anything and waited for my feelings to pass like a miracle, that as if I could wake up one day and there's nothing left for him.

I continued to stare at the waiver on my study table here in the bedroom. My hand was clasped together at my nape as I leaned forward to the table to repeatedly read it.

A second later, it was snatched from me, and my foxy eyes violently and automatically landed to who's brave enough to do that. I thought it was just my older sister, but my eyes turned tame when I saw my mom reading instead.

I immediately stood up and got it back. She looked at me confusedly and worriedly. "Son, Are you not going to your school prom?" Mom asked me with hesitation.

"I will, mom," I told her in a soft low tone voice. She was just staring at me as if she was trying to read me, my mom knows me well, and I was like an open book to her. She understands so well.

"Then let me sign it now, sweetheart." she told me softly, as she lent her hand in front of me, "It's almost deadline," she added with a soft smile.

I know mom will let me. She never forbade me to do anything unless it was something terrible and not good for me. She's a supportive mother, and It's something I always loved and am thankful about her.

I nodded and handed it to her, and she picked up a pen on my table and signed it without any second thoughts. "There you go," She murmured as she looked at me.

I just smiled thankfully, I waited for her to talk, maybe about why she visited me here in my room, but she didn't say anything.

"Mom, do you need something or to say something?" I asked her softly and curious.

"Yes, But it's okay now," she said. "Jungwon told me you were hiding something here in your room. I guess this is what it is." mom added as she laughed softly.

I just rolled my eyes heavenward but still laughed a little when I heard my best friend's name, That brat.

"Who's going to be your date?" mom asked me with a hint of excitement in her voice.

I laughed a little, "I don't know yet, Mom. There's no one in my mind as of the moment," I added. Mom sounds more excited than me, and that's very understandable. They never did it, so she was happy for me to experience it.

"I'm sure there's going to be a long line for you," she added, then laughed with a sense of pride, making me chuckle.

Mom wasn't wrong when she said that we were not still actually allowed to invite a date until the last assessment test for this month. Still, I've been receiving a lot of dates invites already from both boys and girls.

"I'll ask for your help before deciding," I told her simply with a smile,

"It would be nice if you could date someone you like instead." mom told me, but I just beamed. We both know it was something impossible.

"This is once in a lifetime night, and I like you to live it as yours and not for anyone," she added softly with soft smiles as she cupped my cheeks. "It would be nice if someone would make your night instead of making someone's night." she continued.