Chapter Eight: Unnecessary

Chapter Eight

Unnecessary

Jungwon and I are now on our way to school. He had a sleepover in my house, so that explains why.

He confessed everything to me. He even cried because I acted sulky for almost half of his confession. Still, in the end, I assured him that everything was all right, and I was truly happy for him. I always got my best friend's back; what matter happens.

He said Jay hyung confessed to him earlier this year when he turned 19 (International Age) before becoming his Tutor. Jay hyung chatted with him when school started, and he already has a clue that jay hyung likes him. He didn't deny it too when he asked him, so he didn't entertain him that much. He's not interested until their family has dinner together at Jay's house.

He said they usually do yearly, even just once a year.

He thought he was cool and handsome, and they were able to talk for a while. He felt nice and comfortable around him. One night isn't enough to know each other much, so the tutoring made way for them till he fell in love with him as he knew more about him. They spent hours together every day on study dates and such.

He even said they are not yet official, and they'll just be one once he, my best friend, enters University years. I quite don't get that one since they do what couples do, like holding hands, snaking each other waist and forehead kisses.

"Stop dragging me!" I whined at him as I fixed my backpack strap on my shoulder. He was literally pulling me as he ran, not wanting to miss the next bus even it wasn't the last one.

"I don't want to wait for the next bus. It'll be going to be to pack!" he whined back as he continued to drag me running. I just let him bring me as I rolled my eyes couldn't do anything with it.

We reached the bus stop precisely the bus arrived, I didn't even have time to at least pant comfortably when my best friend dragged me again as soon as the bus door opened,

"Good thing, there are still vacant seats," he said, but I couldn't help but curse him out in my mind. Is bus seat more important to him than his best friend's life? I closed my eyes, catching my breathe first before finding myself a seat.

I was about to go find one when I saw Jungwon teasing smile. I rolled my eyes at him and pushed him softly so he would seat himself before I get physical and choose violence against him.

I watched him sit at the far back with the same annoying smile plastered on his face. Just then, I realized what's that for when my eyes landed on the only available seat and saw who was sitting next to it.

My heart automatically races fast as if it was programmed to do so every time I see his presence. The owner of that icy eyes had his eyes on me before mine landed on him. He didn't have any expression on his face as he stared at me, making me more nervous.

I glanced at Jungwon for a bit, not knowing how to react before walking to sit next to Riki. My best friend is indeed beyond supportive for my own good.

I was debating the whole time if I should greet him or not. Afraid, He'll think I'm being too comfortable around him, or he doesn't want to talk to anyone now.

"You should drink water," he started. I looked at him, trying to hide my nervousness around him. He looks serious as he looks at me wearing his usual expression I didn't say anything but nodded. God knows how I wanted to say something, but it seems like I couldn't find any word right now.

I opened my bag on my lap that I had been hugging for a while. Weirdly I didn't see the water bottle; that was the first thing I always noticed every time I opened the zip of my bag packed. I let my hand go through inside only to find out I didn't have it as I forgot to bring it,