Chapter Thirteen: I'm Okay

Chapter Thirteen

I'm Okay.

A week has passed since we met each other at the mall. I could say that we've been developing well and taking our time, No one said the word 'I like you' or 'I love you.' No one confessed directly and did all sorts of actions that made one another feel it instead.

These past few days, all meetings aren't a coincidence. We go to school together by riding the same bus; it was scheduled one, so that's not really impossible to do. He also makes an effort to join me during breaks, so it became rare for me to be a third wheel. We also text each other more often with random topics that come to our minds to prolong our conversation after long and tiring hours of studying and practice.

I got slipped off from thinking when my best friend asked me a question. "He still hasn't invited you to prom?" he asked while looking at me curiously.

I just looked at him and nodded, I had honestly been waiting for him to specifically invite me as I didn't want to assume on this one, but he hasn't done it yet,

"It's just almost a month away from now, though." He replied, looking at me a bit concerned. I just beamed at him; I was quiet for a while before giving him my word, "I'll ask, invite him instead." I told him with a smile.

That actually made me nervous. It was something I would never even dare to think of before, but for some reason, our progress gave me more confidence. Somehow, I knew he would say yes, and I just needed confirmation for it.

"I'm sure he'll say yes." He assured me and smiled, "I mean, he was literally whipped for you. Me and Jay hyung could tell." He added and laughed. My cheeks heated as they painted hues of pink because of that.

The class started and was also halted because of some faculty meetings. That gave us three hours vacant before the next class. I didn't absorb anything as I was too busy thinking about how I will invite Riki as my date to the prom.

"Should I invite him over a dinner?" I asked my best friend, we were now in the library of the business college department. Unlike our usual table, we are sitting in an enclosed rented room with couches for a group meeting.

Jay hyung's group rented this room, and their meeting ended early, so we stayed here instead; they still have hours anyway.

"You can just simply ask him." Won replied while looking at me. I watched my best friend shamelessly snakes Jay hyung's waist in front of me. Meanwhile, the elder rested his hand on the younger's waist, pulling him closer and letting his shoulder be my best friend's pillow.

I rolled my eyes at them. Once I leave this room, I feel like they will kiss or something. Jungwon noticed my judgemental eyes on them and decided to tease me.

"Call Riki so you could guys can cuddle." Jungwon jokingly told me. My cheeks heated automatically.

"I like him, but I'm not shameful. I don't cuddle with people who aren't my Boyfriend!" I resorted to pinning the boyfriend part.

He chuckled as he looked at Jay's reaction. I felt like I went too far with that. I suddenly felt guilty. "Well, We're just waiting for me to graduate Senior High," Won replied, "He'll be my boyfriend soon," he added, holding Jay hyung's hand.

I just nodded at them, "You can just ask him casually. Sun." Jay hyung replied to my question while raising an eyebrow.

"I'm afraid he would think I'm not serious once I do that," I replied, worried. Everyone was and must be preparing for something grand or investing in things such as flowers, chocolates, and more aside from inviting their dates.