The Final Chapter Twenty: A Night To Remember

The Final Chapter

Chapter Twenty

A Night to Remember

I woke up because of the sun rays going through the glass door of the veranda; I softly rubbed my swollen eyes from so much crying last night. I didn't even know I had fallen asleep.

I tried looking for Riki, That night, I waited for him, but he didn't arrive; I waited the next day, but he was still not here. I asked people who could know where he was, but everyone said he was busy practicing and would just get here at the prom night.

I checked the wall clock to learn it was already nine in the morning; the first thing that came to mind was finding Riki once more, like yesterday.

A knock was heard on my door so on I attended to it, I saw Won on the peephole, so I opened my door.

"Let's eat breakfast downstairs," He said while looking at me from head to toe with a hint of worry in his voice, especially in his expression. I know my best friend knew I was crying and having it hard on myself since that night. "Change your clothes. We'll be going together," he added.

"You guys should go. I'm skipping breakfast. I need to find and talk to Riki." I told them, I just need to, I don't want to make it longer, afraid I couldn't change anything, even I wasn't sure whether I really could right now.

All I know is maybe I can, this exact moment, next seconds and minutes, but not when it is too long.

I was about to close the door when Jay hyung said something that made my heart drop. "Riki... he's not going here till the prom. Hee, told me. He's still practicing." Jay hyung told me,

I could feel my shoulder fall, crestfallen. I sighed after that and just smiled at them sadly, "You still go first. I'll follow after I change my clothes." I told them I didn't wait for their answer and closed my door.

I ended up crying when I didn't want to. I lay on the bed in my stomach as I hid my face on the pillow; a moment later, I found myself dialing his number and it still couldn't be reached like yesterday night.

My heart sank more when I realized perhaps he really didn't want to talk to me. Having to turn off his phone not wanting to hear me, this must have been what he felt when I didn't listen to him, when I pushed him away, having all his words with him unsaid.

Continues pang on my chest as it clenched where felt accompanied by blues swirling and slowly invading my system. I hit my chest in the hope it would make room for the irritation for myself and pain, but it didn't.

My sobs and whimpers started to be heard in the room, and covering my mouth was the last resort to hide it. No one would listen to me outside this room, but I couldn't stand and want to hear myself crying as it frustrated me more, knowing I didn't have the right to cry.

It was my fault; I am the one who didn't listen, I'm the one who told him I'm not going to wait, who I am to cry, after pushing the one I love away from me on my own, I'm so stupid.

I lost track of how long I'd been crying; when mom texted me they were downstairs, I ensured there was no sign of crying before going to them.

"Are you okay?" That was the first-word mom told me when she saw me; I guess there's really no way I could hide anything from her.

I played clueless in what she meant and smiled at her, My eyes were tearing up, but I simply wiped the tear about to fall from my eye as I helped them bring things and walked back to my hotel room.

Mom scanned me with uneasy eyes before smiling softly, "Did something happen? Did you cry, sweetie?" she asked softly.

Her words triggered all my emotions again; as tears started to fall. I walked towards her and buried my face on her shoulder as I embraced her, looking for her comforting warmth.