Chapter Seven: Running Away

Chapter Seven

Running Away

My phone has been ringing. Jungwon has also been on his phone for a while now, which tells me I'm not just the only one getting a lot of date invitations for prom. He's not unhappy but not exactly happy either, Just like me.

"I've been rejecting someone since morning," He said as if I didn't know. We are literally seatmates and take turns doing that. We don't want to do it, but it's something that needs to be done.

We're now in the College building's cafeteria. We're not with anyone. We just wanted to have a peaceful lunch break without having to reject someone after they approached us at our table in the middle of our lunch.

"Just tell them you already have a date or someone in mind," I told him softly. That's actually what I do. I'm thankful that they see me in a good light. However, I don't want to give them false hope by saying, 'I'll think about it or something like that when there's nothing to think off.

"But some keeps trying!" he said, frustrated about to cry. We both looked at the one who sat beside him. Jay hyung now staring at Jungwon, weighting his expression with evident concern all over him.

"Something happened?" He asked him. Jungwon said nothing with a solemn and almost problematic expression, so he looked at me,

"There's quite a lot who want to take him to the Prom," I said gently as I continued to eat my meal. I don't even have the appetite after having to reject people. I seriously feel bad.

He just nodded and glanced at Jungwon, who's been avoiding the elder's eyes. What's with them? Did they fight or what?

"Tell them you have a date," he said casually without looking at my best friend.

"I did, but some keep trying asking me who," he replied. I sighed when I heard that as we have the same problem. The thing is, we both don't have any name to say as we didn't agree with anyone yet.

As for Jungwon's reason, he maybe has someone in mind or waiting for someone. As for me, I'm planning to let mom choose for me.

"Tell them, My name Won," Jay suddenly said that halted me from eating, shocked. Well, Jungwon almost blurted the water on his mouth out. My brows furrowed as I looked at Jungwon, questioning him through my eyes if he didn't tell me anything, but he just shook his head, defending his innocence.

"What are you saying!" he told Jay. His voice told us how he was taken aback, confirming he was telling me the truth. "You're not even attending it," he added, quite irritated as he rolled his eyes at him.

"I have ways," he added simply.

This time Jungwon looked at him with evident annoyance. The air between them was filled with a tense atmosphere because of the younger ones. "Do you think this a joke or what? Dropped it hyung, it's not funny!" he said dead serious. "It doesn't show. Still, I feel bad having to reject these people, ruining that night before it happens," he added, glaring at him.

Jay just remained silent, looking at him calmly. I wonder how he does that when I'm about to shake right now, just feeling the tension coming from my own best friend.

Jungwon didn't finish eating when he stood up. I was about to go when Jay held Jungwon's hand and pulled him back softly from seating. I just watched them with furrowing eyebrows from the confusion of what was happening in front of me,

"Jungwon," Jay called him softly. The man looked at me so, I guess he was asking me a time for them to talk, who I was to deny that.

Thankfully my phone beep and I received a text message that could save me,