Chapter Fourteen: He didn't

Chapter fourteen

He didn't

He wasn't the one who invited Minju, but he said Yes. The picture of them kissing was circulating after a few days. People who say they are in a relationship broke out the news. But no one denied nor confirmed it.

He was trying to reach me out those days, too, but I wasn't ready yet and found myself avoiding him. How I am supposed to face him like this? I know I didn't have the right to act like this, but I was hurt, had emotions, and couldn't control my own feelings. I just couldn't dictate to myself what to feel.

He wasn't dumb, and he could see all that. He tried approaching me multiple times, but I made excuses again to run away from him. I thought I was done doing that, but it seems like my coward self could never.

I acted busy and kept myself busy all the time, just like now. I was tired of thinking about the same things all over again and did my best to be occupied.

I was currently in the private room here at the library for a meeting. "Do you guys have any questions?" Our leader asked everyone to shake their head as a reply. Just like that, our meeting for reporting tomorrow ended.

I put my things in my bag and got ready to leave. After returning some library books, I decided to go to my locker room to get my books for the next subject.

I was busy looking for my key as I walked in the corridor when I bumped into someone, "I'm sorry." I immediately apologized and bowed. It was clearly my fault as I was not walking with my eyes on the way.

"I didn't mean it," I added and looked at the one who I bumped with. I was stunned when I saw Riki, In front of me.

He was just staring at me with those deep melancholy eyes; it was tamed and still soft and had that stares I once thought exclusive for me when it's not. Surely.

I averted my gazes, afraid to be fooled by his eyes. I was about to go when he softly held my arm, "Sunoo." He called me softly.

I like it the most when my name comes from his lips, it always gives me fluttery, but there's only fear now.

I gained all remaining strength to face him and met his eyes; I gave him a subtle smile all I could flash, "Until when are you going to avoid me?" He asked me too candid.

I hate how I see misery in his eyes as if I'm not the only one who's missing him. It's stupid to admit I do miss him, but it's definitely dumber, not when it's so clear.

I couldn't answer him and just looked at him; my eyes became watery, and I hated myself for that. Despite being hurt by him, I hate myself that I couldn't still deny how much I love him and his effect on me.

He slowly let me go when the crystal formed in my eyes became more visible. I smiled at him, trying to see him clearly despite the blurry vision,

"Should we talk now?" I asked him, trying my voice to be whole as I realized I couldn't avoid this forever, and there's no use waiting to be ready as that time won't just come. I need to face it if I want this over and get over him.

We are now at the garden where I cried that day; it was empty as always. There were only the sounds of the afternoon breeze and leaves flapping to one another as they danced to the direction of the wind sways them. The sunshine was bright, but its rays were tame because of the shades of tall trees around us.

Many things were running in my mind. I was too occupied with everything, and I didn't know where to start; he just stared at me, weighing my emotions when I glanced back and smiled at him, nothing but blues and solemnity.