Chapter Six : One-Sided Love

Chapter Six

One-sided Love.

It's now the day of the monthly evaluation. We are actually on the last test. Since morning, everyone in the room was working their nerve out studying.

We could only hear the sound of book pages being flipped and the buzz of asking one another. We didn't even have the chance to play around and relax as we were all tired of taking the test and making our minds work all day long.

It's also now getting dark outside. This is one of the best explanations for why most of us are fighting our eyes and senses not to drift apart from us.

Like everyone else, I focused on reviewing the same with Jungwon beside me, who is studying the next subject. He's too focused. He's been ignoring me for a while now.

After a few more minutes, the professor arrived. After greetings and some reminders, she gave us the exam and questionnaire paper sheet, so we could start.

It was a literature test. It was a lot easier than I expected, or it was just that I was able to review and read everything on our paper. I was the first to finish and instructed by the professor to wait outside, so I did.

That was normal not to disturb others who were still taking the exam. I lazily walked towards the corridor, and the cold night breeze welcome me. I silently leaned on the wall fighting my eyes to remain open.

I looked around and realized I was the only one here. The corridor seems haunted with the all-white walls and lights open while empty.

I started to regret my decision about handing in my papers early. I shouldn't have passed my paper and waited for someone to finish. Why do I only think of that now?

I decided to get a coffee from the vending machine on our floor, hoping that would make it easier to keep me awake. It was in the middle near the staircase, so I dragged myself there.

I chose the can of cold coffee and put coins. I watched it drop and decided to get another for Jungwon before crouching down to pick it up.

"Can I borrow some coins?" A familiar voice asked me. My heart automatically pumps hard as it recognizes who it is. I haven't seen him for a week now. Well, it's not that we always do, but we always crossed paths for these past few weeks.

I glanced at him trying to be my usual self and not be too obvious about liking him. I saw his pair of cold eyes staring at me in just a meter distance. I could feel my own eyes quiver. His presence awakened me that I didn't even need this coffee at this point.

Still stunned, "Uhm." I nervously replied as I searched my coat pocket, "How much do you need?" I asked, taking my time for my voice not to crack.

"3000 won," he said. I just nodded and handed him six, five hundred won coins carefully not to touch his hand. "Thanks." he only said, and I nodded.

When I was about to go, "How I'm going to pay you?" he asked. I watched him get his can of coffee and open it in front of me. Maybe it's because I like him, or he really looks cool doing that. I mean, what's cool about that.

"You don't have to," I told him with a small smile. He just stared at me, so I tried my best to withstand the intensity of his eyes. I started to think that my eyes really played me that time.

"I don't like free stuff." He replied as his brows furrowed, Still looking at me with those cold eyes of his, I glanced down, afraid he could read my soul if I continued to stare at him.

"You help me twice. Just think of it as payment then." I told him, looking at the ground, pretending to be thinking. It's true though, at the bus and at the library.