Chapter Four: Could I?

Chapter Four

Could I?

Jungwon has this smile on his face as he looks at me beyond delighted, "I knew it! Auntie is really the best!" He exclaimed happily as he danced with my prom waiver with my mom's signature.

I was supposed to pass it yesterday, but I forgot it, thankfully he reminded me today, so I was able to recall to submit it later.

I just rolled my eyes as I watched him with disbelief yet a tiny smile on my lips, Well seeing my best friend happy is my thing too, even there's time he annoys me the most.

"Don't involve mom next time!" I told him in a warning tone, but he just made a face at me, "Then you should listen to me before I do it!" Sassily, I just once again rolled my eyes at him

"Seonwoo-ah! Someone is looking for you!" My classmates at the door announced, making me look at her confusedly. I'm not expecting friends to visit me today.

He motions the side of the door, so I figured he didn't know who it was or the person's name. I just nodded.

"Do you know who might it be?" Jungwon asked me confusedly and curious, but I just shook my head, telling him no.

"Then it might be someone wants to ask you out for a real date or take you to the prom," he said and giggled teasing me as he pushes my shoulder slightly.

Really, this kid, I just glared at him fed up before I stood up to see who it was. When I exited the room's door, I saw a familiar girl smiling at me.

I recently met her, so it's impossible not to remember her. It's the girl on the bus yesterday morning. I returned her smile as I walked closer to her.

The more I looked at her, the more I realized how small she was. No wonder she couldn't reach the handlebar. She'll be struggling even to the normal ones.

Went I halt in front of her, "Uhm, Here." She started looking at me as she handed me the banana milk in her hands,

I looked at her confusedly. I saw how her cheeks turned rosy as she blushed from shyness. She also looks nervous. "For helping me yesterday," she added, with a slight smile as she motions it to me again.

I accepted it with a smile, "There's no need, But thank you." I told her as I received it didn't want to embarrass her.

She was in the same grade as me, something I only realized now. She continued to stare at me, so I waited for her, thinking she had something to say, but she was taking too long so, I figured I must be wrong.

"If there's nothing, I'll go now." I started after a long silence between us with a bit of confused smile didn't want to offend her,

She smiled and breathed deeply before saying, "I'm Ahn Hanbyeol." she introduced herself with nervous laughed, she extended her hand as she looked at me with a smile and quivering eyes,

I laughed a little finding her expression cute, Well she's charming and pretty. I glanced at her hand and held it for a handshake, "I'm Kim Seon-woo." I replied to her with a beam.

I let her let go first in our handshake. She laughed it off when she realized she was holding my hand for too long already, " Sorry." she apologized and tucked the strand of her hair behind her ears that lingered at the side of her face.

"It's okay," I added simply, laughing a little.

"I just wanted to thank you yesterday, The handlebar was too high, and I've been struggling for a while that day. You were first to offer help," she explained now more relaxed.