Chapter Nineteen: Regrets

Chapter Nineteen

Regrets

We are now at the castle hotel; it wasn't our prom yet. We are just going to stay here for the prom that is now two days away from now.

The school organized this stay, It's not required, but since it will take a lot of time to get here, it will be better unless we want to be already tired even before the event start from the travel. Another thing is everyone wants to have its perks of being excused from school for one day, so most of us joined.

The hotel is sure grand; it was grandest of the grandest. The grand and elegant royal stairs and chandeliers that welcomed us a while ago are enough to prove how luxurious this royal hotel is in its theme of silver and gold color.

Everything screams royal and grandeur; even the employees live on its theme dressed as royal employees. Every corner of the hotel is just called extravagant and all. I guess it doesn't even need to be decorated for the prom as it effortlessly fits the theme; maybe that's why they chose this.

It was now dark outside, and I was now on the balcony of my room. I felt the cold wind touch my skin as I lived in the quietness where nature could only be heard.

I leaned on the balcony as I looked up. From here, I could see the beauty of the pitch blue skies above me, decorated by the blanket of stars, the beauty of the moon, and the touches of clouds still traveling.

I couldn't help but smile when I realized it had been long since I felt like this; I feel somehow peaceful despite the chaos I keep trying to bury inside me. It feels calm with just my empty head and the sight, even there were blues inside me.

I silently watch the view of the night skies that have never been this calming before, or perhaps I was not in discord back then. I let it lure me to the place of peace it's bringing me right now,

It also didn't last long when I heard a knock on my door, making me sigh as I needed this peace, but it fast ended before I could even enjoy it.

I walked toward it and saw Won smiling at me. I did the same and let him inside my room.

I already forgave him. I couldn't be mad for too long and resist him; what mattered, he does just like he does to me. I could be an enemy with anyone and wouldn't care for how long except for him; after all, he is my best friend and all I have.

I'm not a perfect one and still gave him a silent and cold treatment for a few days; as much as I want to forgive him instantly, I need to sort out what's in my mind and process what has been done to me.

That could be sound dramatic, but everything has a process. You wouldn't be able to forgive entirely without putting your shoes on theirs and understanding their sides. As for me, my best friend did that knowing he would be able to help me, that maybe the 'supposed realization of Riki's feeling' would make a happy ending for me.

I think I would do the same if I were in his shoes; if it would make him happy, I think I would also risk it.

"Jay hyung and Sangwon is waiting at the restaurant downstairs," he told me as he sat on my bed; that made me looked at the clock and see it was almost nine in the evening, well not surprising as we got here late, most of probably having their dinner late,

"Let me change first," I told him, then went to the walk-in closet of this room where my things are. I change into a white shirt and black pants. I was checking myself in the mirror when "You and Sangwon already talk?" He asked, hesitating.

I learned that he was also into it, he didn't plan it with them, but he knew Jay hyung asked him, and he agreed, "We did." I simply said, nodding even he couldn't see. I sprayed perfume on my pulse in the wrist before going out.