Chapter Ten: I'm Not Sorry

Chapter Ten

I'm Not Sorry

After that emotional night, My best friend has been helping me plan think of ways of confessing to Riki. He has been actually careful all this time. We're now inside the classroom. There were just the two of us as everyone was busy having their snacks at the cafeteria.

As for us, We had snacks in our bags and refused to join the crowd at the said place.

Since then, it's been a week, and it's safe to say a lot of things happened between Riki and me, outside us as well.

We also became a continuous topic at the senior department. Still, it seems like he doesn't mind it as there's nothing changed on him. He was never conscious of the eye around us every time our paths crossed and together. Seems like I'm just the only one who's nervous about us, including about the rumors spreading about us.

I feel like it is getting out of hand as more rumor spreads like wildfire; everyone sees us together every day. Well, it is not planned ones. In those seven days, our paths just continually cross at the staircase, corridors, libraries, and every corner of the school.

And every time it does, he'll approach me and talk to me.

I actually like that regardless of what's happening around us, it was useless to deny that I was looking forward to our brief everyday interaction.

"He was looking at you a while ago." He told me with a teasing smile, we passed by each other in the corridor a while ago, I hid a smile behind my lips because of that,

"You guys talking from time to time? Did he say anything about prom or anything?" he asked. I just glanced at him and shook my head.

The prom night was left untouched topic for both of us. Jungwon said we would wait for him till he asked me, but I couldn't settle down with that, which surprised me. I didn't know I could be this braver. I should have sooner,

"What if he's not really talking about me?" I asked him, kind of worried,

"Then he shouldn't have said being a she was unnecessary." he pointed out, then rolled his eyes.

I stayed silent for a long while. I was thinking something crazy this past few days. Still, I couldn't bring myself to say it out loud, not because I was scared, but I wanted to be sure about it and give so much thought to it.

I don't want to take it back once I said it already. Significantly I am well aware that I was risking everything we have, so I was extra careful.

"Do you want to back down?" he asked me. There were only seriousness around him as he looked at me, weighting me,

I beamed at him and shook my head, "I'm not. I'm seriously going to give myself a chance." I assured him, It doesn't matter what the result is. I just wanted to try and see it myself, like what they said. That's the only thing I could do for myself to continue moving forward and looked back in this time without regret.

"I'm just thinking whether I could really wait just like this," I told him freely with a subtle curl on my lips. He didn't say anything and just looked at me, "Should I ask him instead?" I asked him?

I could tell he was surprised that those words came out from me. It was something he had been wanted to say to me but didn't afraid to pressure me.

"Sun..." he called me softly. His cat eyes were so soft. They look tamed as a real cat and sparkling more than usual. He was close to tears; perhaps, I laughed at his reaction and nudged his shoulder.

"That's cringe!" I told him, then laughed softly; he just chuckled as he hit me without force, "Yah! What an ungrateful child!" He retorted, "I'm just happy and proud of you," He added. "I like seeing you the most doing something for yourself, especially something you deserve so much." He said and simply wiped his tears away.