Chapter Five: Gazes

Chapter Five

Gazes.

We only have now a week left before the monthly evaluation test. Everyone was busy preparing for it so, the library was always packed. There are also times we go home late for study group lessons and lectures inside the class.

This time, I had a study session with Jungwon, and his tutor, Sunghoon hyung, volunteered to help me since he has free time. He's a good student too, being just a student of this University says a lot.

We're now walking to the college business department building on our way to their library. When we arrived, we saw a lot of students. Still, most were resting opposite the busy senior high building's libraries.

We also noticed some students in our grade, perhaps they don't have a choice but use this library the same as us. We went to the third floor and saw them at a long single table.

It has about eight chairs, but no one dared to sit with them. Well, their table atmosphere screams intimidation and cold ambiance. They also look so serious and focused, making it scarier aside from their whole presence itself distracting. They were both too good-looking.

If we don't know them, We're not going to sit at the same table with them as well.

We quietly walked towards them. They just smiled and adjusted the chair beside them, telling us to sit on them. I sat beside Sunghoon hyung while Jungwon beside Jay hyung, already given.

We didn't talk much and started studying as soon as we sat beside them. We opened the books needed, As we got busy trying to pick up the information they were teaching us.

Sunghoon hyung gave me five problems to solve after explaining them to me and set my phone timer to ten minutes to answer those questions.

I tried my best and focused on solving. I silently counted on my mind and erased, write on my paper. The first three problems were easy as he gave me an exact example a while ago, but the other two wrecked my mind from thinking.

In the end, I failed to answer the last question. He just smiled to assure me and get my papers for checking. After a few minutes,

"You got the first three questions correct. You overlooked the negative sign in question four. Your answer is correct without it. Still, since it has it, you got it wrong," he told me, I checked what he said, and I indeed overlooked the negative sign.

"Check it carefully next time. It's okay this time since this is just a preview, but you're going to lose points in the real exam, so you better rechecked before solving." He reminds me kindly with a small smile. "Question five was quite complicated so, let me show you how to do it," he added. He was solving it while explaining it to me. We have a formula but, it could be still quite confusing sometimes.

After explaining, he gave me again another exact kind of problem to solve to ensure I understood it correctly. I couldn't help but be proud when I finished solving it in a matter of a few minutes and got the correct answer.

Sunghoon hyung had been teaching me for hours when his phone rang. He excused himself and, I just smiled and nodded. I focused on reviewing the solving process when a girl approached our table,

We all looked at her except for Jay hyung, who's been checking Jungwon's paper.

'Jay." the girl called him while ignoring us. Jungwon just shrugged his shoulder when our eyes met,

"I got you this." the girl added and put some chocolate candies and bar beside Jay hyung's arms. I saw him look at it, then the girl, very uninterested without showing her mercy, "I don't like sweets," he told her straight and coldly.