Chapter Twelve: False Hope

Chapter Twelve

False Hope.

"I told Celli about your prom. She said she has something in her shop, so go today to check it!" Mom started, I don't have plan looking for suit yet seems like mom already have it, Not surprising as it was fast approaching and it just almost half and month away.

"Can I not today, Mom?" I asked but she just glared at me with her now sharp eyes. I just sighed, nodded and without a choice "I will." I replied.

I didn't say anything else and just ate my breakfast watching some SpongeBob's SquarePants episode here in our living room's couch. I just lay down when mom asked me a question,

"Right! Why aren't you asking me for help about who will be your date? Do you have one already?" Mom asked me; curiosity is more evident in her tone than prying.

She was looking at me with pure interest as she wriggled her eyebrows; I just smiled softly at that. I thought it was for her reaction, but it stayed longer on my lips than it should.

"Ah-uh!" Mom said, smiling while looking at me, then walked towards me happily. "So there really is? Okay, sweetheart, tell your mom who's the lucky one," she said excitedly as she poked the side of my waist. I curled a little because of that.

"I don't have one yet, mom," I told her, then suppressing my own giggles. My cheeks were puffing, pushing my eyes to form a smiley line containing so much excitement for my own.

"But I might have soon," I added, letting my perfect set of teeth shows the happiness and excitement I felt. Mom pinches my nose slightly as she rolls her eyes jokingly. "Be thankful you have a pretty smile, or else I already hit you playing mysterious with me." She added, then laughed.

"Tell mom, once you have one, Okay?" She said, then patted my hair. I scrunched my nose and nodded. She also returned to her things and let me enjoy the cartoon I was watching.

It didn't take long when I needed to get ready, I called Won but he had a date with Jay hyung, he also invited me to go with them, but I refused, not wanting to be a third wheel and to let them enjoy a regular date.

I just wore a simple white loose shirt and pants. I partnered it with a cream nude long cardigan as it will be rainy today, according to the weather forecast. Black chuck shoes to complete my fits. I let my natural slight curl hair down, covering my forehead.

I looked at myself in the mirror and couldn't help but be satisfied, I simply look good without trying and I like that

The traffic was not heavy, so we reached Time Square after an hour. I'm now walking inside the mall. I decided to just roam around before going to Auntie Celli's store. I still have ample time anyway.

I played in the arcade for almost an hour and went to the bookstore. I bought quite a lot of books as I'm into poets and novels, and things I find interesting.

When I finished shopping, I went straight to Aunt Celli's shop, the staff greeted me when they saw me. They are pretty familiar to me as my mom is a regular customer and close to Aunt Celli. They are best friends, to be exact.

Her shop is quite big than the usual boutique inside this mall; it's also elegant with its silver creams and gold theme. Gorgeous chandeliers were hanging in the middle that also screams classiness and extravagance.

The mannequins were in rows, displayed inside a big mirror glass showing her different creations and latest designs. This includes different kinds of gowns and tuxedos that are obviously well made.

After rounds, I went to the men's sections and scanned for suits that fit our prom theme. I actually found one, and I couldn't take my eyes on it.

It was a white suit and long sleeve with a longer back than the front. It has a gold lining and silver embroidery of seeming leaves, flowers on its body, and pure gold in its hems with a hint of blue satin velvet. It was also accented with gold buttons with a touch of fireballs inside, making it more alluring, simply elegant as if it was designed to be worn by royals. There were also metal gold rings above its hem and linings.