Part 4

50 minutes later they arrived at the hospital. Connie's parents met them in the reception area. 'How is she?' Shane asked, reading the answer on their faces. Connie's mum gave him a quick hug, 'David died instantly. She doesn't have long left either. She just wanted to talk to you.' Shane nodded and they went to her room.

She turned as he entered. 'Hello,' he said, not really sure what to say. 'Shane...' she said faintly as she reached out her hand for him. He went over and sat down by her bedside as he took her hand. She spoke, slowly and pained.

'Shane, Shauna was at her baby sitter... she's still alive.' Shane nodded, not really sure why she was telling him. 'Look, David's parents are dead, mine are too old to take her and none of us have any siblings or other relations she can live with.' Shane nodded again. 'Will you and Nicky try and get her?'

Shane was silent for a while. 'Connie, I don't know if-' 'Shane, please. I want her to live with you, I know you'd take care off her, and she knows you and everything. I told my parents and all that, they are on your side. Just try your best, I know you'd make the best parents in the world.' Shane's eyes over filled with tears, but he wasn't sure if he was happy or sad. 'Connie, I... our work schedule, we're two men and-' Connie smiled as she looked at Shane's confused face and the tears that were threatening to fall.

'Shane, don't worry. I know you love her and I know you want kids. I'm sure you'd make wonderful parents for Shauna and so does my parents. They'll be behind you all the way. The only thing is your fans and the media, can you risk it?' Shane finally found sense again, and nodded, 'Yes, we'll do it. I don't care what people make of it, we'll try and get her and love her like our own daughter, I promise.' Connie gave a last weak smile. 'I'll be watching over you.' 'Thanx' Shane replied happily.