Part 7

A few hours later all the guests were gone and Shane and Nicky were left with a still very exited Shauna as well as all the dishes. 'I'll tidy up if you do something with Shauna,' Nicky offered. Shane nodded, found a colouring book and crayons in the pile of presents and sat down on the living-room floor with Shauna.

When Nicky had finished tidying Shane had already gone upstairs to read for Shauna. He decided to see if there was something on telly, and absent-mindely flicked through the channels- until something caught his attention.

"Shane Filan and Nicky Byrne out of Westlife have become parents. The pair, who last year shocked the world and broke the hearts of millions of girls around the world when admitting their love for each other, recently moved into a new house in the Irish country side and yesterday saw a new addition to the Filan/Byrne household. After a court case which lasted almost 3 weeks it was decided that 2 year old Shauna Smyth, whose parents Connie and David passed away in an accident last month, were to move in with the couple as Connie was a child hood friend of Shane. But, will they make good parents? Tonight, you have your say as we find out if you think they will be able to handle it, or if Shauna should have been placed in another foster home. The number to call is-"

Nicky couldn't stand listening anymore. He stared blankly at the television, which now ran through a few pictures of him and Shane together. He felt faint and barely noticed as Shane came up and put his arms around his neck. 'You all right?' He nodded slowly as Shane took the remote and turned off the television, muttering something under his breath.