Part 14

Shane blinked a few times before realising it wasn't sunlight tickling his neck. He turned around to face Nicky, whose eyes glittered with mischief. 'Morning!' he said, a big grin on his face. 'Morning...' Shane replied, yawned, and tried a smile.

Nicky gave him a quick kiss. 'Cheer up!' 'I never liked cheery people in the morning...' 'Awwwww...' Nicky ruffled his hair 'One week Shay, let's not waste any time. I'm gonna go down to make breakfast while you lay here so, ya lazy thing!' With that he jumped off the bed and disappeared.

Shane followed soon after. He found Nicky doing fry-up in the kitchen. 'Nix, what happened last night?' Nicky turned around, startled by the question. 'I came home, he was in the house and...' he stopped. 'And?' 'And... you know... he started on me.' 'You've got to learn to say no Nicky.' 'Don't you think I did?' Nicky started to sound annoyed, he couldn't understand where Shane was going. 'Well, say it like you mean it. Push him, hit him, I don't care cause I can't stand thinking that he's getting the better of you.'

Nicky rose his voice in anger. 'Can't you just drop it?! It wasn't easy for me, ok? I want to forget about it, but I can't cause you just HAVE to drag it all up again. You know what? Last night Jeff told me you were a selfish bastard who got jealous of ANYONE who ever laid their hands, or even eyes on me. Well, maybe he was RIGHT! I'm seriously starting to wonder the way you're behaving.' He spun around so quickly he knocked the pan off the stove and rushed out of the kitchen, and the house.

Shane just sat there in shock, feeling like he could kick himself. Why did he have to bring it up? Selfish bastard. He thought about it. Well, maybe he was. He had to admit; he had felt jealous. He sighed as he got off the chair to clean up the mess off the floor.

Shane considered going out to find Nicky, but voted against it. He probably needed some time on his own. However, by lunch time it had started to rain heavily and there still was no sign off Nicky, and he was growing worried. He decided to go out and look for him, after all, imagine if Jeff still was around...