Part 31

Nicky wiped his tears as the ceremony was over. He was overwhelmed. All his friends and the family, everyone was there. And Shane. He looked across the room at his boyf... no wait, husband. Could you call it that when two men got married? He wasn't sure. He just knew that Shane cared about him. A lot.
Shane looked up and made his way over when he noticed Nicky looking at him. He handed Nicky a glass of juice (alcohol was out of the question seeing as Nicky was on drugs to keep him alive). 'Thanx.' Shane sat down beside him on the sofa. 'Are you feeling ok?' Nicky took a sip of the drink, 'Yeah. A little tired, just.' He looked up at Shane. 'But I'm so happy. Thank you...' Shane smiled. 'Don't thank me Nicky. It's just as much because of you.' Nicky nodded. 'I know... but... I can't believe you arranged all this. God, I love you.' Shane smiled and hugged him. 'I love you too.'

Kian came over, with Barbie and their newborn baby son. 'Hi guys. Just thought I'd wish you congratulations.' Shane smiled, 'Thank you.' Barbie was very quiet, but then, she'd never really liked Shane. Kian, however, seemed to have gotten over his jealousy.
-
That night was magical. Nicky was exhausted, and Shane was quite tired as well. They just lay on the bed, holding each other close. Nicky was looking at their hands, their fingers entwined together. He loved the wedding bands, and now they were so close together... He still found it hard to take it all in. He was married. He thought he never would be. They even had a daughter. In fact, he had most things he had thought he would have to give up because of his sexuality. But, most important of all, he had love. True love.