Part 23

Jeff stayed silent for a good while, avoiding Shane's questioning gaze. He sighed. 'I dunno, it's just...' Shane grabbed his arm, 'Look at me will ya?' Jeff turned around. 'You're spoilt Jeff, do you know that? In the real world things actually don't always go as you want them to go.' Jeff rose his voice. 'And that should come from you? You are famous, rich... and you have Nicky.' Shane blinked a few times, then sat down on the bench beside him.

'You can accuse me of a lot, but if you think being rich and famous is easy, then you can fill my place and see if it really is. Do you have even the slightest clue what we've gone through to achieve what we have?' Jeff had calmed down and shook his head slowly. 'Then don't go around basing your arguments on the fact I'm rich and famous,' Shane stopped. Sadness filling his eyes. 'And, who knows for how long I will have Nicky?' he continued quietly.

Jeff stood motionless watching Shane, who was close to tears. 'I'm sorry,' he said finally. Shane sprung up. 'You're sorry?' He laughed sarcastically. 'Jeff, you raped my boyfriend and gave him HIV. You just destroyed both mine and Nicky's careers, lives and future. So, just don't come and tell me you're sorry, ok? I don't care how sorry you are, 'cause it's not gonna save Nicky.' Jeff blinked away the few tears that seemed to be threatening to fall. 'I'm dying too,' he whispered. Shane snorted. 'Good for you. I'll tell you what, maybe you'd want to do something nice before you die?' Jeff looked up. 'What?' 'Leave Nicky to live his life in peace, well, the life he has left now you ruined it.' Jeff stayed silent, then he nodded. 'Fine, now leave, and don't ever put your foot on our grounds again.' Shane watched Jeff hurry across the big lawn, before sinking down on the bench again.