Part 13

Shane closed and locked the door before rushing back into the living room. He got a quilt and put it over Nicky's shaking mass. As he sat down beside him, Nicky crept up in his lap, searching for comfort. Shane embraced him, and naturally satisfied his needs, although he was still shaking with shock.

When the shock eased the tears came. Shane tightened his embrace and stroke his hair. He softly started to sing, the first song that came into his head. 'I can see it's hurting you, I can see your pain, it's hard to see he sunshine through the rain, I know sometimes it seems as if, it's never gonna end, but you'll get through it, just don't give in.'

Nicky stopped crying, snuggling closer, his lips threatening to form a smile. Shane continued. ''Cause you can count on me through thick and thin, a friendship that will never end, when you are weak I will be strong, helping you to carry on, call on me I will be there, don't be afraid, please believe me when I say, count on me'

Nicky smiled and joined in for the second verse. 'I know sometimes it seems as if, we're standing all alone, but we'll get through it, 'cause love won't let us fall.' Nicky looked up, and their eyes locked for a moment, as they both fell silent. Shane finally placed a kiss on Nicky's forehead. 'You wanna go to bed?' Nicky nodded and Shane helped him upstairs.

Not long after wards they were laying in each other's arms. 'Shay?' 'Mmmm...' 'Why did you come home earlier?' Shane sighed. 'I woke up and I was convinced something was wrong with you. I couldn't get any rest.' 'Really? Shane nodded, 'Yeah.' Nicky snuggled closer. 'Do you think that's what true love is all about?' Shane thought for a while. 'Maybe...'