Part 5

had been 3 weeks since Connie and David passed away, and although nobody really knew how it had happened, some miracle had made Connie's wish reality. Shauna arrived in the Shnicky household a day before her 2nd birthday, a bit shaken from the past few weeks experiences. She didn't understand where her parents were gone, actually she seemed to believe they didn't love her anymore. And there were so many strange people around her, so many strange places to visit.

'I think she's asleep now,' Shane said as he came down in the living room that evening. 'Good,' Nicky said with a smile. 'You look exhausted.' 'Well, if I knew there was so much work going into everything to do with a child I would have been very content without one,' Shane said, slumping into the sofa. He got a dreamy look in his eyes as his mind trailed off.

Nicky interrupted his thoughts as he embraced him. 'You're not regretting it though, are you?' Shane shook his head with vigour. 'No, Shauna's a lovely girl and it was what Connie wanted. I just hope we'll be able to create the perfect home for Shauna, she needs all the care and love she can get.' Nicky nodded, 'Yeah.'

They continued on talking and cuddling, discussing the future as a family, the possibility of bringing Shauna along on tours and have a nanny with them as well, everything they could think off really.

They woke up the following morning by Shauna's crying. Shane blinked a few times, first not able to recognise the sound, then he sat up soberly as he realised what it was. 'I'll go and check her,' he said quickly as he ran upstairs.