Part 24

What?!' Shane asked, not really sure off what he'd just heard. He had come to pick Nicky up, and he dropped this bombshell on him. 'I'm not going to go on drugs,' Nicky repeated. 'Why Nicky? Did you talk to the doctor about it?' 'Because, I just don't wanna take tablets multiple times a day knowing it's the only thing that keeps me alive. And yes, I spoke to him. He said it's my choice.' 'But...' Shane sighed heavily. 'Ok, he's right it's your choice. Whatever you want.'

Just then a nurse came in. 'Ok, Dr. O'Connell couldn't make it today, but he would like to see you both in a weeks time. Would the 18th at 1 suit?' Shane nodded, 'Sure, no problem.' 'Great, nothing else on your mind?' They both shook their heads' 'Ok, then I'll let you go,' she said and left. Shane picked up Nicky's bag, 'K, let's go home so.'

'Nicky!!!' Shauna screamed as she came running as fast as she could. Nicky sat down in the hallway and caught her in his arms. 'Hi Sweetie, did you miss me?' She nodded and he lifted her up and kissed her forehead. 'I missed you too, very much.' He put her back down to take off his jacket, and then she grabbed his hand. 'Come look wha' I did.' He smiled and followed her out in the kitchen, Shane taking the bag up to their room.

When Shane came into the kitchen Shauna was busy showing Nicky the drawing she'd made him. Shane went up behind Nicky and peered over his shoulder. He could make out three people, two big and one small. Shauna explained that it was her, Shane and Nicky on a summer holiday in Australia. Nicky was very quiet and Shane quickly grasped the situation. 'Shauna, why don't you go out and play for a while? I'll just help Nicky to unpack his stuff and we will come out too.' She nodded and ran off.

Nicky turned around to Shane. 'We promised her that holiday, didn't we?' Shane shrugged. 'We did, and... I might...' Shane embraced him. 'Don't say that. Just don't think that way.'