Part 10

Nicky sighed deeply as he closed, and locked, the door behind him. He stopped and rested his head on the inside of the door. He was HOME. He wished Shane had been there, but he knew he'd have to sacrifice this one night, and then they'd have a whole week of privacy.

They were just off from a three month, extremely hectic, promo tour around the globe. Shane had taken Shauna up to her grand parents in Sligo, deciding to then spend the night with his family and get back for the next morning.

Nicky went to the kitchen to get a snack, when suddenly the sensation of something not being quite right filled him. He could feel the hairs on the back of his neck standing up as he made his way to the living room. He turned on the light, realising that the window was slightly open.

Just as he slammed the window shut the light went out. A sensation of being watched ran over him, as he realised he wasn't alone in the house. He felt a hand on his shoulder and jumped about a foot in the air. 'Shhhh, Nicky, it's just me.'

Nicky failed to feel relieved as he realised whom it was. At that instant he would probably have felt more relieved if someone had pointed a gun to his head. He slowly lost control of the situation as a light rain of soft kisses sprinkled his neck.